Scaling in CCC greyed out when changing from native resolution

corpsen999

Honorable
Jul 21, 2012
Hello, I have 1920x1080 @60Hz monitor and a AMD Radeon HD 6670.While running in 1080p I found text and other items to be to small to read; but when I changed the resolution to 1600x900 and then went to scaling options the Underscan/Overscan Slider was greyed out, making it impossible for me to force the display to take up the entire screen space. I'm using the 12.6 drivers

Anything_

Honorable
Jun 22, 2012
When using CCC lower your resolution from your native resolution, go back to CCC
and see if they aren't greyed out anymore. (When lower your resolution don't bring it back up until you've changed what you needed)

You're doing it wrong. Right click on your desktop, click "Screen resolution". Then select native resolution (1920x1080) and hit apply. Then, press on "Make text and other items larger or smaller". Lastly, select suitable size. If it's still too small, click on "Set custom text size (DPI)" on the left side, and enter percentages manually.

danawesome89

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2011
By the way, if you do want to use a lower resolution but have it stretch across your screen, you don't use the overscan/underscan slider.

Instead in CCC go to "My Digital Flat Panels" and then click on "Properties (Digital Flat-Panel)". I think there is an option there to "scale image to full panel size".

But Sunius is correct if all you are trying to do is make text bigger. There is no good reason to run a lower than native resolution in my opinion.