How to increase engineering skill?

How do I increase my engineering skill? I am level 18 but my engineering
skill has not moved like my mining skill has. The engineering trainer only
has recipes starting at level 30 so I can not make anything...what am I
missing? Thanks.

In article <Xns96CE7151790D1namenamecom@216.196.97.131>,
My Name <name@name.com> wrote:

> How do I increase my engineering skill? I am level 18 but my engineering
> skill has not moved like my mining skill has. The engineering trainer only
> has recipes starting at level 30 so I can not make anything...what am I
> missing? Thanks.

Find recipes that are orange for you. Orange = guaranteed point, yellow
= probably point, green = maybe point. I can't think of which are
appropriate for lvl 18, but they exist -- ask around the NPCs in
different towns. Also, some recipes are quests.

--
Nabuu, Tauren druid on Dethecus.
Also (rarely):

My Name wrote:
> How do I increase my engineering skill? I am level 18 but my engineering
> skill has not moved like my mining skill has. The engineering trainer only
> has recipes starting at level 30 so I can not make anything...what am I
> missing? Thanks.

This is how you power-level your engineer skill (below is pulled from
similiar article in WoW Profession forum...) as oppose to other who
recommend you ought experience the game by doing it nice & slow....

1 - 75
You'll need roughly 85 Copper Bars and 30 Rough Stones
Make Rough Blasting Powder up to 30
Make Handful of Copper Bolts up to 50
Make Copper Tubes up to 75

75-125
You'll need roughly 30 Course Stone and 20 Tin Bars
Make Course Blasting Powder from 75-105
Make Bronze Tubes from 105-125

125-175
you'll need roughly 50 Solid Stone
Make either Heavy Blasting Powder or Big Bronze Bombs up to 150
Make either Red Fireworks (if you kept the Blasting Powder - though
personally, you ought to stop upon reaching 160 and then) or Gold Power
Cores up to 175

175-250
You'll need 85 Solid Stones and 130 Mithirl Bars
Make Solid Blasting Powder from 175 to 200
Make EZ Throw Dynamite II from 200-210
Make Hi-Impact Mithril Slugs from 210-235
Make Hi-Explosive Bombs from 235-250

250-300
You'll need 30 Dense Stones and 150 Thorium Bars
Make Dense Blasting Powder from 250-275
Make Thorium Tubes from 275-300
If you have the Thorium Shells Schematic, you can reduce the amount of
Thorium Bards you need, but you'll need 10 more Dense Stones.