6230 MMC Detection

I have a weird problem on my girlfriends 6230. Basically she cannot put any
music files onto the phone using PC Suites 5.8, 6.2, & 6.3 as they do not
detect the MMC card on the phone. I have installed the latest DKU drivers
and reformatted the memory card which the phone can see fine, but when
browsing the phone the MMC is not detected. The MMC is the standard card
that came with the phone and had the Nora Jones tune on it.

Has anyone any pointers or similar problems ?

Thanks.
6 answers Last reply
More about 6230 detection

    Macbeth wrote:

    > I have a weird problem on my girlfriends 6230. Basically she cannot put any
    > music files onto the phone using PC Suites 5.8, 6.2, & 6.3 as they do not
    > detect the MMC card on the phone. I have installed the latest DKU drivers
    > and reformatted the memory card which the phone can see fine, but when
    > browsing the phone the MMC is not detected. The MMC is the standard card
    > that came with the phone and had the Nora Jones tune on it.
    >
    > Has anyone any pointers or similar problems ?
    >
    > Thanks.

    Do you mean when you go to music player it says no music files found?

    Lee

    Nope, when I try and add files and expand the entire phone I cannot see the
    MMC card to add files, if I try and add files to the phone is says "not
    enough space".

    "Macbeth" <1@2.com> wrote in message
    >I have a weird problem on my girlfriends 6230. Basically she cannot put
    >any
    > music files onto the phone using PC Suites 5.8, 6.2, & 6.3 as they do not
    > detect the MMC card on the phone. I have installed the latest DKU drivers
    > and reformatted the memory card which the phone can see fine, but when
    > browsing the phone the MMC is not detected. The MMC is the standard card
    > that came with the phone and had the Nora Jones tune on it.
    >
    > Has anyone any pointers or similar problems ?
    >
    > Thanks.

    It sounds like you should rename the card to i.e. "32mb card" or something
    but for further inquiries shoot yourself of to
    http://www.expansys.com.au/forum.asp?man=NOKIA&code=108417 as they have a
    fantastic support - there's no need to register if your just viewing - hope
    that help ;-)

    By the way you'll find transferring file's to the card very slow via the
    phone, you should consider getting yourself a card reader.

    Cheers,

    David

    "The Bach Pad" <ere_i_be-dont-want-spam@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > "Macbeth" <1@2.com> wrote in message
    > >I have a weird problem on my girlfriends 6230. Basically she cannot put
    > >any
    > > music files onto the phone using PC Suites 5.8, 6.2, & 6.3 as they do
    not
    > > detect the MMC card on the phone. I have installed the latest DKU
    drivers
    > > and reformatted the memory card which the phone can see fine, but when
    > > browsing the phone the MMC is not detected. The MMC is the standard
    card
    > > that came with the phone and had the Nora Jones tune on it.
    > >
    > > Has anyone any pointers or similar problems ?
    > >
    > > Thanks.
    > >

    > It sounds like you should rename the card to i.e. "32mb card" or something
    > but for further inquiries shoot yourself of to
    > http://www.expansys.com.au/forum.asp?man=NOKIA&code=108417 as they have a
    > fantastic support - there's no need to register if your just viewing -
    hope
    > that help ;-)
    >
    > By the way you'll find transferring file's to the card very slow via the
    > phone, you should consider getting yourself a card reader.
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > David

    Yea,

    Just rename the card (via the phones menu) to anything you like, then you
    should find it works OK.

    try reformatting card by means of card reader/write, it worked for me on 512
    card
    "The Bach Pad" <ere_i_be-dont-want-spam@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > "Macbeth" <1@2.com> wrote in message
    >>I have a weird problem on my girlfriends 6230. Basically she cannot put
    >>any
    >> music files onto the phone using PC Suites 5.8, 6.2, & 6.3 as they do not
    >> detect the MMC card on the phone. I have installed the latest DKU
    >> drivers
    >> and reformatted the memory card which the phone can see fine, but when
    >> browsing the phone the MMC is not detected. The MMC is the standard card
    >> that came with the phone and had the Nora Jones tune on it.
    >>
    >> Has anyone any pointers or similar problems ?
    >>
    >> Thanks.
    >>

    > It sounds like you should rename the card to i.e. "32mb card" or something
    > but for further inquiries shoot yourself of to
    > http://www.expansys.com.au/forum.asp?man=NOKIA&code=108417 as they have a
    > fantastic support - there's no need to register if your just viewing -
    > hope that help ;-)
    >
    > By the way you'll find transferring file's to the card very slow via the
    > phone, you should consider getting yourself a card reader.
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > David

    "Funny" you should say that....

    Just had my handset flashed to 4.xx s/w
    Wrote data back to the phone, but when it came to writing back to the card,
    I was presented with "No card installed" !! (Ahhh them "Finns", bless 'em!!)
    (sic)

    :-)

    Reads and writes okay from/to the phone (without the use of data suite
    though)

    Just thought I'd share that with you

    "The Bach Pad" <ere_i_be-dont-want-spam@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > "Macbeth" <1@2.com> wrote in message
    > >I have a weird problem on my girlfriends 6230. Basically she cannot put
    > >any
    > > music files onto the phone using PC Suites 5.8, 6.2, & 6.3 as they do
    not
    > > detect the MMC card on the phone. I have installed the latest DKU
    drivers
    > > and reformatted the memory card which the phone can see fine, but when
    > > browsing the phone the MMC is not detected. The MMC is the standard
    card
    > > that came with the phone and had the Nora Jones tune on it.
    > >
    > > Has anyone any pointers or similar problems ?
    > >
    > > Thanks.
    > >

    > It sounds like you should rename the card to i.e. "32mb card" or something
    > but for further inquiries shoot yourself of to
    > http://www.expansys.com.au/forum.asp?man=NOKIA&code=108417 as they have a
    > fantastic support - there's no need to register if your just viewing -
    hope
    > that help ;-)
    >
    > By the way you'll find transferring file's to the card very slow via the
    > phone, you should consider getting yourself a card reader.
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > David

Nokia Detection Phones