6230 MMC Detection

Last response: in Brands
Share
September 24, 2004 1:24:26 AM

I have a weird problem on my girlfriends 6230. Basically she cannot put any
music files onto the phone using PC Suites 5.8, 6.2, & 6.3 as they do not
detect the MMC card on the phone. I have installed the latest DKU drivers
and reformatted the memory card which the phone can see fine, but when
browsing the phone the MMC is not detected. The MMC is the standard card
that came with the phone and had the Nora Jones tune on it.

Has anyone any pointers or similar problems ?

Thanks.

More about : 6230 mmc detection

Anonymous
September 24, 2004 2:28:43 AM

Macbeth wrote:

> I have a weird problem on my girlfriends 6230. Basically she cannot put any
> music files onto the phone using PC Suites 5.8, 6.2, & 6.3 as they do not
> detect the MMC card on the phone. I have installed the latest DKU drivers
> and reformatted the memory card which the phone can see fine, but when
> browsing the phone the MMC is not detected. The MMC is the standard card
> that came with the phone and had the Nora Jones tune on it.
>
> Has anyone any pointers or similar problems ?
>
> Thanks.

Do you mean when you go to music player it says no music files found?

Lee
September 24, 2004 2:28:44 AM

Nope, when I try and add files and expand the entire phone I cannot see the
MMC card to add files, if I try and add files to the phone is says "not
enough space".

"Lee Bales" <"lee"@bales2003.free\"removethis\"serve.co.uk> wrote in message
> Macbeth wrote:
>
> > I have a weird problem on my girlfriends 6230. Basically she cannot put
any
> > music files onto the phone using PC Suites 5.8, 6.2, & 6.3 as they do
not
> > detect the MMC card on the phone. I have installed the latest DKU
drivers
> > and reformatted the memory card which the phone can see fine, but when
> > browsing the phone the MMC is not detected. The MMC is the standard
card
> > that came with the phone and had the Nora Jones tune on it.
> >
> > Has anyone any pointers or similar problems ?
> >
> > Thanks.
> >

> Do you mean when you go to music player it says no music files found?
>
> Lee
September 24, 2004 9:37:27 PM

"Macbeth" <1@2.com> wrote in message
>I have a weird problem on my girlfriends 6230. Basically she cannot put
>any
> music files onto the phone using PC Suites 5.8, 6.2, & 6.3 as they do not
> detect the MMC card on the phone. I have installed the latest DKU drivers
> and reformatted the memory card which the phone can see fine, but when
> browsing the phone the MMC is not detected. The MMC is the standard card
> that came with the phone and had the Nora Jones tune on it.
>
> Has anyone any pointers or similar problems ?
>
> Thanks.

It sounds like you should rename the card to i.e. "32mb card" or something
but for further inquiries shoot yourself of to
http://www.expansys.com.au/forum.asp?man=NOKIA&code=108... as they have a
fantastic support - there's no need to register if your just viewing - hope
that help ;-)

By the way you'll find transferring file's to the card very slow via the
phone, you should consider getting yourself a card reader.

Cheers,

David
September 24, 2004 9:37:28 PM

"The Bach Pad" <ere_i_be-dont-want-spam@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "Macbeth" <1@2.com> wrote in message
> >I have a weird problem on my girlfriends 6230. Basically she cannot put
> >any
> > music files onto the phone using PC Suites 5.8, 6.2, & 6.3 as they do
not
> > detect the MMC card on the phone. I have installed the latest DKU
drivers
> > and reformatted the memory card which the phone can see fine, but when
> > browsing the phone the MMC is not detected. The MMC is the standard
card
> > that came with the phone and had the Nora Jones tune on it.
> >
> > Has anyone any pointers or similar problems ?
> >
> > Thanks.
> >

> It sounds like you should rename the card to i.e. "32mb card" or something
> but for further inquiries shoot yourself of to
> http://www.expansys.com.au/forum.asp?man=NOKIA&code=108... as they have a
> fantastic support - there's no need to register if your just viewing -
hope
> that help ;-)
>
> By the way you'll find transferring file's to the card very slow via the
> phone, you should consider getting yourself a card reader.
>
> Cheers,
>
> David

Yea,

Just rename the card (via the phones menu) to anything you like, then you
should find it works OK.
Anonymous
September 24, 2004 9:37:28 PM

try reformatting card by means of card reader/write, it worked for me on 512
card
"The Bach Pad" <ere_i_be-dont-want-spam@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "Macbeth" <1@2.com> wrote in message
>>I have a weird problem on my girlfriends 6230. Basically she cannot put
>>any
>> music files onto the phone using PC Suites 5.8, 6.2, & 6.3 as they do not
>> detect the MMC card on the phone. I have installed the latest DKU
>> drivers
>> and reformatted the memory card which the phone can see fine, but when
>> browsing the phone the MMC is not detected. The MMC is the standard card
>> that came with the phone and had the Nora Jones tune on it.
>>
>> Has anyone any pointers or similar problems ?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>

> It sounds like you should rename the card to i.e. "32mb card" or something
> but for further inquiries shoot yourself of to
> http://www.expansys.com.au/forum.asp?man=NOKIA&code=108... as they have a
> fantastic support - there's no need to register if your just viewing -
> hope that help ;-)
>
> By the way you'll find transferring file's to the card very slow via the
> phone, you should consider getting yourself a card reader.
>
> Cheers,
>
> David

Anonymous
September 25, 2004 2:18:30 AM

"Funny" you should say that....

Just had my handset flashed to 4.xx s/w
Wrote data back to the phone, but when it came to writing back to the card,
I was presented with "No card installed" !! (Ahhh them "Finns", bless 'em!!)
(sic)

:-)

Reads and writes okay from/to the phone (without the use of data suite
though)

Just thought I'd share that with you

!