Solved

Final check before pulling the trigger

Hi guys,

I just wanted to run through a final check of my build before I pull the trigger and purchase. The goal is to have all my items ordered by Sept 15th, before amazon start taxing CA residents. :)

I want to keep my build under $1200. I won't be overclocking or crossfiring. I will primarily be using my computer for gaming, running VMs, coding, general use.

Restriction: I can't change my CPU.

Let me know what you think! Thanks! :)

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i7-3770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($289.99 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($27.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($134.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1333 Memory ($75.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($98.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Storage: Samsung 830 Series 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($96.49 @ B&H)
Video Card: Asus Radeon HD 7870 2GB Video Card ($247.86 @ Newegg)
Case: Corsair 500R Black ATX Mid Tower Case ($94.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair 650W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $1137.28
(Prices include shipping and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-09-09 00:09 EDT-0400)
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about final check pulling trigger
  1. Looks good but you don't need the cpu cooler the stock will be fine and I'd get this ram g.skill ares http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231545
  2. Is the place you live in Cali hot in the summer? Are you peculiar to noise?
  3. strife_ff7 said:
    Looks good but you don't need the cpu cooler the stock will be fine and I'd get this ram g.skill ares http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231545


    Awesome :)
    Why the ares? How does it compare to the ripjaws?

    Anonymous said:
    Is the place you live in Cali hot in the summer? Are you peculiar to noise?

    It can get hot in the summer -- around the 90's 100's F.
    I would prefer a silent PC.
  4. If so, then keep the cooler.
  5. Yeah are those ARES 8gb rams any good? Free is good yes, but compared to corsair vengeance and gskill ripjaws x series?
  6. The ripjaws x series is only $2 more than the ares.
    G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($79.99 @ Newegg)
  7. They are the same.
  8. Best answer
    The ARES is just as good. Save the $2.
  9. happypotato said:
    Hi guys,

    I just wanted to run through a final check of my build before I pull the trigger and purchase. The goal is to have all my items ordered by Sept 15th, before amazon start taxing CA residents. :)



    Hey CA buddy,

    Lucky you can pull this off before 9/15...I get my check end of Sept...so I guess I'd have to pay taxes, damn.

    But your build is pretty awesome, only difference is for me, I'd go with a gtx670 and a i3570k cpu. Good luck!
  10. Best answer selected by happypotato.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems Product