Turboboy

Honorable
Jun 16, 2012
Hi STRONG MEN AND WOMEN FROM TOM'S HARDWARE
I AM SOMEWHAT A GEEK...kinda. BUT AS YOU KNOW ALL GEEKS NEED SOMEWHAT HELP...
Okay, Let's get serious. I just bought a Acer S88M motherboard to replace my old ECS Group one ( it got fried)... Sadly. But I wanted to save my CPU so I decided to purchase this mobo. Okay, so I plug all those classic IDE cables, 24 pins, 4 pins, mount it to the case etc etc etc. I then install Windows XP... I know, windows XP may sound like a joke to you guys that I am still running that ancient OS but I love it...kinda. I can't afford the new Windows YET! AND I SAID YET! OKAY, QUIT WITH THE JOKES. Okay, I get through the product key and the installation process and then the computer restarts.... This is the weird part, when I get into windows, I see that the flipping screen is like failing on me with like terrible color quality. This is what I thought "Okay, GREAT, it's going to be a easy tune-up from the Display properties". I right click go inside the properties and then I see that I can't even change the GIGANTIC resolution on the screen and I can't change the color quality either. Then I was like Okay, I've built over 10 computer and this doesn't usually happen. I then try downloading the drivers, but they weren't really effective.
Well, I think I need a new graphics card, but I don't really know if it's the GRAPHICS CARD'S fault or I need to find the RIGHT DRIVER. I was thinking to buy a PCI 32 bit to PCI x16 cause there isn't any PCI x16 slots but I don't have any experience on this conversion. Comments? Recommendations? I don't wanna purchase a PCI 32 bit graphics card because I heard that PCI graphics card are terrible and useless. I BELIEVE THAT I NEED A NEW GRAPHICS CARD... AM I RIGHT??? WILL A NEW GRAPHICS CARD LET ME TUNE MY GRAPHICS QUALITY?

LINK BELOW FOR HOW THE SCREEN CURRENTLY LOOKS:

Click this link for pictures on how the screen looks like: http://www.flickr.com/photos/83175040@N07/