Having trouble with my (Zotac) Nvidia Geforce GTX 670

RareFormula

Honorable
Jul 22, 2012
Since i have gotten my computer. I have had a recurring problem. It happens when I'm using my cpu for 30 minutes or 6 hours. Times vary. My computer monitor goes to sleep randomly. I'm forced to Hard boot my computer. Only to notice that my resolution has changed because the GTX 670 is not running.. I have black bars on all 4 sides of the screen. When i go to device manager there is a caution sign on the GTX 670 saying "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)". I called tech support explaining the problem and they said it seems to be a hardware issue and they will be sending me a new GPU. I'm just wondering if this is fixable so i won't have to pay the fee for the new GPU.

If I'm being confusing please tell me so i can be more specific.
1. I have tried updating the drivers.

and

2. uninstalling the current drives then Uninstalling all traces of Nvidia and re-installing using the CD, but problem still exists.

Specs:
Windows 7 64bit
Intel® Core™ i7-3770K Processor
(Zotac) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 - 2GB
8GB Ram
ASUS P8Z77-V LX Motherboard
800 Watt - Standard PSU

El Tigre

Honorable
Jul 10, 2012
I would use Driver Sweeper to uninstall the old drivers, then reboot, then install the latest driver. Do always download the latest drivers from Nvidia's site as the ones that come with the CD are outdated and are prone to have issues over newer ones.

RareFormula

Honorable
Jul 22, 2012
Yes i have tried that. I download the latest driver and saved it to a folder. Uninstalled the current dirvers, then ran driver sweeper. restarted the cpu and ran it on safe mode. Installed the latest driver and rebooted. Worked for a little while, but the problem still existed later. It really may be the card itself. Whats a good replacement? or should i get the same model.