Status
Not open for further replies.

Ponyface

Honorable
Jan 23, 2013
Hi guys,

I am looking to buy a new chassis, my CM690 has lasted me many years and it is a great case, but it's time for something new. I need some front usb3 in my life.

I really like the corsair 600t white, but I'm concerned that the white plastic will scratch and get dirty over time, and probably won't look near as good after 6 years as my trusty 690 does today. I could go with the sliver or black however, but damn that white looks good.

Anyway my question is is there something better than this at that price? I am also getting a antec khuler h2o 620 to go with it, I have heard good things about it. Any advice there?

I have a silver stone 80+ silver 750w psu, but the cables aren't terribly long, so a very big case wouldn't really work for me.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks guys

Solution
dont bother with cheapo watercooling. the 620 (or any thin single rad unit) cools the same as a hyper 212 or even less. go get yourself a proper heatsink or a proper loop

id get this case. avaliable with or without a window. its silent, has plenty of cabling room, pretty good temps, and has very good construction.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811352023&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=
dont bother with cheapo watercooling. the 620 (or any thin single rad unit) cools the same as a hyper 212 or even less. go get yourself a proper heatsink or a proper loop

id get this case. avaliable with or without a window. its silent, has plenty of cabling room, pretty good temps, and has very good construction.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811352023&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

Solution

DRosencraft

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
It's hard to not recommend another Cooler Master if you've loved the one you had. The Storm Scout and Storm Enforcer (here, and here) are both good choices from what I've heard. The HAF 922 (here) is also good. It may not be your tastes, but if you want to go up a little bit, I have been recommending the Azza 9000 (here) which also comes in white if you do prefer it. If you want to go really flashy there's the NZXT Phantom in red (here), although I must confess to having heard more about its looks and nto much about its cooling performance.

Edit: Also, like TheBigTroll says, you're better off not wasting money on some of these closed loop systems. In general they aren't much better than much cheaper air-cooling options.

Ponyface

Honorable
Jan 23, 2013
thanks for the tips guys, is there a reason not to go for the corsair case? i like the look alot. im a bit older now and want something a little more...... elegant. when i was a teenager i would have dived all over those nzxt's or the new cm storms, but they are a little overboard for my tastes, they are very nice cases dont get me wrong, its just my personal taste

dragonlord12832

Honorable
Jan 15, 2013
The case I bought also comes in white. The Corsair case will be just fine as far as any of us know (did you read the reviews?). Corsair is a very reputable company. Seems a bit pricy, and is beyond my case budget. But, if you like it feel free!

dragonlord12832

Honorable
Jan 15, 2013

By the way, that case also comes in Gray and Black if you are afraid of getting the white dirty.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=500855

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3844171

Nevermind, I guess you know that already. LOL.

Ponyface

Honorable
Jan 23, 2013
Thanks a lot guys, I have ordered the corsair 600tm black. Thanks for the suggestions and advice, I did look at all the cases suggested and took some time to consider my choice, in the end it came down to the corsair obsidian 550d, 600t, and fractal design r4... I showed my wife the options and she chose the 600tm - happy wife, happy life :p

Status
Not open for further replies.