Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Need of a gaming case

Last response: in Components
Share
January 23, 2013 9:36:42 PM

Hello,
I am really confused here. I wanna get a gaming case and we all know that one of the most important things in a gaming case is cooling. The specs I'm getting are these:

EVGA GeForce dual fan 680 gtx

Intel Core i7 3770k

Corsair 16 gb ram

Seagate Barracuda 7200 1 Tb

Asus p8z77-v pro/thunderbolt LGA
1155 Intel z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0
ATX Intel Motherboard


So I would really appreciate if you guys could suggest me a case compatible with the specs mentioned and try to show me cases under 170 dolars please. Thank you. By the way I was thinking in the thermaltake armor revo case.

More about : gaming case

a b ) Power supply
January 24, 2013 1:46:41 AM

Corsair cases are really great, i currently have a 500r and it's awesome. With your budget, i would most likely take a Graphite serie case from Corsair.

This one looks really great : http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Full compatibility with any hardware, nice color and great quality case.

Here's a gray version : http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

There's a black version available but it dosen't come with the same stuff and it's cheaper : http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Go for the white one, it looks awesome.


- The Brownie
m
0
l
January 24, 2013 1:53:00 AM

Bromeh said:
Corsair cases are really great, i currently have a 500r and it's awesome. With your budget, i would most likely take a Graphite serie case from Corsair.

This one looks really great : http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Full compatibility with any hardware, nice color and great quality case.

Here's a gray version : http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

There's a black version available but it dosen't come with the same stuff and it's cheaper : http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Go for the white one, it looks awesome.


- The Brownie

Ok, I see... I have a friend of mine who has one of those but i thought maybe there was a better one, but if it is compatible to all hardware and the cooling is great then I guess CORSAIR IT IS! Thanks man
m
0
l
Related resources
a b ) Power supply
January 24, 2013 1:54:57 AM

j_schumacher-19 said:
Ok, I see... I have a friend of mine who has one of those but i thought maybe there was a better one, but if it is compatible to all hardware and the cooling is great then I guess CORSAIR IT IS! Thanks man


No problem :p 

In my opinon, Corsair are the best looking cases (for 100$ +) and they have the best modifications and options (you can remove the top grill on the 500r, remove the hdd cages to put more fans etc.)


- The Brownie
m
0
l
a b ) Power supply
a b 4 Gaming
January 24, 2013 2:23:21 AM

Just throwing out there a few tips. They probably aren't wanted, but I'm trying to save you a little money:

1) Buy an i5-3570k. The only difference between it and an i7 is hyperthreading, which games don't use. (Some are even slowed down by it.)

2) Get 8GB of RAM instead of 16GB: you won't need more than 8GB even with battlefield 3, photoshop, and 50 tabs in chrome all at once.

3) Get a 670 instead of a 680. The 680 is 5% faster (which drops to 3% after overclocking both cards), and costs 25-30% more. That's not worth it. (Especially when BOTH cards max out games; there's no point in spending $100-$150 more.)
m
0
l
January 24, 2013 2:28:45 AM

DarkSable said:
Just throwing out there a few tips. They probably aren't wanted, but I'm trying to save you a little money:

1) Buy an i5-3570k. The only difference between it and an i7 is hyperthreading, which games don't use. (Some are even slowed down by it.)

2) Get 8GB of RAM instead of 16GB: you won't need more than 8GB even with battlefield 3, photoshop, and 50 tabs in chrome all at once.

3) Get a 670 instead of a 680. The 680 is 5% faster (which drops to 3% after overclocking both cards), and costs 25-30% more. That's not worth it. (Especially when BOTH cards max out games; there's no point in spending $100-$150 more.)

Ok thanks man!! Really appreciate it!! I will take your advice on the i5 processor and on the ram, but are you sure that 680 is not that good compared to the 670??
m
0
l
a b ) Power supply
a b 4 Gaming
January 24, 2013 3:50:29 AM

I have a Corsair 600t in white. It was very easy to build in with lots of space to do a good clean wiring job. I recommend spending about $80 to 100 for a 128GB SSD also.
m
0
l
January 24, 2013 2:08:30 PM

Bromeh said:
No problem :p 

In my opinon, Corsair are the best looking cases (for 100$ +) and they have the best modifications and options (you can remove the top grill on the 500r, remove the hdd cages to put more fans etc.)


- The Brownie

One more thing please. Do you know if the case comes with the power supply included?
m
0
l
a b ) Power supply
a b 4 Gaming
January 24, 2013 2:29:01 PM

Almost all the cases that include the psu have very cheap psu that are unreliable(maybe some of the Antec ones are ok). Buy the power supply separately. Corsair sells very good one at different price points.
m
0
l
January 24, 2013 2:34:49 PM

Goodeggray said:
Almost all the cases that include the psu have very cheap psu that are unreliable(maybe some of the Antec ones are ok). Buy the power supply separately. Corsair sells very good one at different price points.

Ok I guess i will, but about PSUs I'm no expert so I dont know which one is the one that will suit my rig, anyways THANK YOU! ;) 
m
0
l
a b ) Power supply
a b 4 Gaming
January 24, 2013 2:58:57 PM

First decide on how much you can spend of the psu. Don't cheap out the case and a good psu will carry you thjur many builds and will not be obsolete.
m
0
l
!