Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

7970 ?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share

SAPPHIRE vs GIGABYTE vs other ?

Total: 21 votes (3 blank votes)

  • SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 7970 OC 3GB 384-bit GDDR5
  • 34 %
  • GIGABYTE GV-R797OC-3GD Radeon HD 7970 3GB
  • 39 %
  • other ?
  • 28 %
July 22, 2012 1:02:27 PM

1.witch would be better for 5760x1080?.

2.witch will overclock better?.

3.witch is more silent ?.

4.witch will last me longer ?.

5. does like xfx or other overclock better? .


http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 7970 OC 3GB 384-bit GDDR5

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

GIGABYTE GV-R797OC-3GD Radeon HD 7970 3GB

Thanks.

More about : 7970

a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
July 22, 2012 1:13:13 PM

a single 7970(any)will struggle hard to play games well at 5760x1080,at least aim for 670 SLi.
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
July 22, 2012 1:16:19 PM

I would definitely get the GIGABYTE for better cooling idea.
2: both are good at overclocking.
3: more fans more silence.
4: depend on overclocking and USAGE.
5: i don't like XFX brand cause of heating issue.
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
July 22, 2012 1:17:11 PM

hellfire24 said:
a single 7970(any)will struggle hard to play games well at 5760x1080,at least aim for 670 SLi.


Depends on the game, Im sure he can play Dirt 3 or MW3 on pretty high settings on that resolution
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
July 22, 2012 1:20:08 PM

^how about minecraft?
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
July 22, 2012 1:22:39 PM

xtreme5 said:
I would definitely get the GIGABYTE for better cooling idea.
2: both are good at overclocking.
3: more fans more silence.
4: depend on overclocking and USAGE.
5: i don't like XFX brand cause of heating issue.


can you link me where you think gigabyte cooler>sapphire cooler?
more fans more noise
xfx has one of the finest 7970-
http://benchmarkreviews.com/index.php?option=com_conten...
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
July 22, 2012 3:04:48 PM

@hellfire24, use your common sense it's not essential to link you didn't you see GIGABYTE have more big coolers.
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
July 22, 2012 3:12:36 PM

^so why not suggest this-

use your common sense,more fans don't mean better cooling,just back up your statement.if you can't,then STFU.
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
July 22, 2012 4:14:33 PM

@hellfire24, look like you don't have much experience in graphics, who told you more fans doesn't mean better cooling then why does manufacturer making it with more fan just for showing off han?
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
July 22, 2012 4:20:33 PM

ok,i admit i am a noob but you might wanna see this-

a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
July 22, 2012 4:24:56 PM



are you still in doubt.
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
July 22, 2012 4:27:42 PM

that's with the bios switch and it disturbs the functioning of the card for better performance,but if you look carefully,factory OC'd sapphire 7970 runs cooler and quieter than gigabyte 7970.
EDIT: did you see the difference between noise level?
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
July 22, 2012 5:41:41 PM

I still suggesting gigabyte.
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
July 22, 2012 5:48:10 PM

any good reason for wrong suggestion?
or just foolishness?
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
July 22, 2012 6:23:17 PM

huh! You'll never understand. Look at the poll gigabyte getting more votes.
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
July 23, 2012 12:52:37 AM

i don't trust in noobish voting and i didn't vote :p 
a c 99 U Graphics card
July 23, 2012 3:07:11 AM

Gigabyte gets my choice.
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
July 23, 2012 7:38:29 AM

just pick out gigabyte i'm telling you it is better option out there.
a c 109 U Graphics card
a c 150 K Overclocking
July 23, 2012 7:48:44 AM

It's called HIS 7970 IceQ X².
July 23, 2012 8:08:41 AM

i wont go with ASUS because its a triple slot card, not a fan of HIS because i had one and in 2 month the fans just died
a b U Graphics card
July 23, 2012 8:13:23 AM

If you want a card from Nvidia's side of the fence, this card will perform better than the 7970 in most games at 1080p. It uses the GTX 680 PCB and cooler, so it's a few degrees cooler than reference GTX 670's. It has 8 phase VRAM for better OC then even reference GTX 680's.

This card is even a bit faster than a reference GTX 680 out the box and is $100 cheaper too. It's also cheaper than the 7970.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

http://hexus.net/tech/reviews/graphics/40613-evga-gefor...
July 23, 2012 8:17:52 AM

yea i wanted to go with nvidia but for my resolution its better off 7970 with 3gb, for battlefield 3 skyrim etc etc
a b U Graphics card
July 23, 2012 8:19:01 AM

Ahh, I just noticed that, then the HD 7970 would be the card to get. If you do decide to go Nvidia, I would choose the EVGA GTX 670 Superclocked 4GB. If you want to max out those games, you would need 2 of each GPU for the best results.
July 23, 2012 8:42:45 AM

yea ik i will see . not in a rush atm got to make sure how much i'm planing on spending . trying not to spend over 1k for 2 cards and a psu.
a b U Graphics card
July 23, 2012 8:54:46 AM

This would be my suggestion.

HD 7970 $429.99 regular price, $409.99 after rebate

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...


Corsair TX850 850W 80+ Gold PSU $149.99 regular price, $139.99 after rebate.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Total Cost: $1010 regular price, $960 after rebates.


I chose that Corsair as it's a strong and solid PSU and has great ratings too. the PSU is the most important component of a PC as it powers everything, rather have quality than cheapo one that could blow out everything.
July 23, 2012 9:13:41 AM

the psu is good but the gpu i would rather spend a few more and get gig/sapphire
July 23, 2012 11:14:06 AM

also guys is it not better to go with 2 7950 just to save some money :0 also would a i5 2500k oc 4.5 bottleneck 2x 7970
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
July 23, 2012 11:47:12 AM

nopes,a single more powerful card is better and no a 2500k at 4.5GHz will handle 7970 CF very well ;) 
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
July 23, 2012 11:50:59 AM

El Tigre said:
This would be my suggestion.

HD 7970 $429.99 regular price, $409.99 after rebate

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...


Corsair TX850 850W 80+ Gold PSU $149.99 regular price, $139.99 after rebate.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Total Cost: $1010 regular price, $960 after rebates.


I chose that Corsair as it's a strong and solid PSU and has great ratings too. the PSU is the most important component of a PC as it powers everything, rather have quality than cheapo one that could blow out everything.


a reference 7970 will sound like a jet under load.TX850 is NOT Gold certified and 850 is overkill for a 7970 CF setup.a quality 750w will handle 7970 CF and overclocks very well.
July 23, 2012 12:07:45 PM

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX750M 750W ATX12V

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

PARKLE R-SPI750ACAG 750W ATX12V 2.3 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS GOLD Certified

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

PC Power and Cooling Silencer Mk II 750W High Performance 80PLUS Silver SLI CrossFire ready Power Supply

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Antec High Current Gamer Series HCG-750 750W ATX12V v2.3 / EPS12V v2.91 SLI Certified CrossFire Certified 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

XFX Core Edition PRO850W (P1-850S-NLB9) 850W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply

always liked xfx and corsair psu so what do ya recommend from those and blah bbl going to work.
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
July 23, 2012 12:12:49 PM

third one would be my choice.
July 23, 2012 4:07:17 PM

El Tigre said:
This would be my suggestion.

HD 7970 $429.99 regular price, $409.99 after rebate

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...


Corsair TX850 850W 80+ Gold PSU $149.99 regular price, $139.99 after rebate.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Total Cost: $1010 regular price, $960 after rebates.


I chose that Corsair as it's a strong and solid PSU and has great ratings too. the PSU is the most important component of a PC as it powers everything, rather have quality than cheapo one that could blow out everything.


$1010 total cost? are you that bad at math?
429+149=$578 lol
July 23, 2012 4:09:36 PM

blueexorcist said:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX750M 750W ATX12V

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

PARKLE R-SPI750ACAG 750W ATX12V 2.3 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS GOLD Certified

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

PC Power and Cooling Silencer Mk II 750W High Performance 80PLUS Silver SLI CrossFire ready Power Supply

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Antec High Current Gamer Series HCG-750 750W ATX12V v2.3 / EPS12V v2.91 SLI Certified CrossFire Certified 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

XFX Core Edition PRO850W (P1-850S-NLB9) 850W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply

always liked xfx and corsair psu so what do ya recommend from those and blah bbl going to work.


From expirience i would go with the antec 750w..i have that and you can crossfire a 2 480's (SUPER POWER HUNGRY CARDS) and still be fine :)  this thing can deliver up to 900 watts i believe
a b U Graphics card
July 23, 2012 5:20:48 PM

EchoOne said:
$1010 total cost? are you that bad at math?
429+149=$578 lol

He wants 2 7970's, hence them being $860 before rebates. ;) 

Is your reading comprehension bad?
July 23, 2012 5:25:30 PM

@ EchoOne he did the math for dual gpu 430+430+150=1010 and yea i'm down to 3 choice the xfx antec and pc power cooling i'm liking the xfx more because its 850w and yea i will be doing some extreme oc on the gpu and cpu + 2 ssd 1 tb razer deathadder mouse and a usb headset is going to be connected
!