Software Distribution Service 2.0

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

This is showing up as System Restore Points. Any idea as to what it is and
how to get rid of it? Thanks.....
5 answers Last reply
More about software distribution service
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

    Part of Windows Update.

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:hwcHe.54330$rb6.37237@lakeread07,
    +++Bobby "O"+++ <rmo555@cox.net> hunted and pecked:
    > This is showing up as System Restore Points. Any idea as to what it is
    > and how to get rid of it? Thanks.....
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

    > Part of Windows Update.

    Don't understand - what does it do and why? If I want to get rid of it,
    how? Is there a reason to get rid of it or is it beneficial to users?
    Thanks..........

    > --
    > Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >
    > Wes
    > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >
    > In news:hwcHe.54330$rb6.37237@lakeread07,
    > +++Bobby "O"+++ <rmo555@cox.net> hunted and pecked:
    >> This is showing up as System Restore Points. Any idea as to what it is
    >> and how to get rid of it? Thanks.....
  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

    Info here:

    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Software+Distribution+Service+2.0&btnG=Google+Search

    --

    All the Best,
    Kelly (MS-MVP)

    Troubleshooting Windows XP
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

    "+++Bobby "O"+++" <rmo555@cox.net> wrote in message
    > This is showing up as System Restore Points. Any idea as to what it is
    > and how to get rid of it? Thanks.....

  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

    Thanks for responding Kelly - but the Google articles are too technical for
    me.

    > Info here:
    >
    > http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Software+Distribution+Service+2.0&btnG=Google+Search
    >
    > --
    >
    > All the Best,
    > Kelly (MS-MVP)
    >
    > Troubleshooting Windows XP
    > http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
    >

    > "+++Bobby "O"+++" <rmo555@cox.net> wrote in message
    >> This is showing up as System Restore Points. Any idea as to what it is
    >> and how to get rid of it? Thanks.....

  5. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    I've been having troubles with this file sence it installed on my system on
    july 9th and again on the 12th and have posted here in the MS forum trying to
    find a fix along with posting in other forums around the web but nobody seems
    to know how to fix the issuses that it causes. Here's a link to my last post
    on another help board but nothing I've tried has helped.

    http://forums.g4tv.com/messageview.cfm?catid=64&threadid=452068&STARTPAGE=1

    "+++Bobby "O"+++" wrote:

    > Thanks for responding Kelly - but the Google articles are too technical for
    > me.

    > > Info here:
    > >
    > > http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Software+Distribution+Service+2.0&btnG=Google+Search
    > >
    > > --
    > >
    > > All the Best,
    > > Kelly (MS-MVP)
    > >
    > > Troubleshooting Windows XP
    > > http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
    > >

    > > "+++Bobby "O"+++" <rmo555@cox.net> wrote in message
    > >> This is showing up as System Restore Points. Any idea as to what it is
    > >> and how to get rid of it? Thanks.....

Configuration Distribution Microsoft Customization Software Windows XP