BF2 demo

Last response: in Video Games
Share
June 2, 2005 10:54:26 PM

The tentative release date for the BF2 demo is a little over a week

Although final dates for the Battlefield 2 demo have not been locked down we
understand we will be allowed to make it available in little over a week.
Once again these features are NOT 100% final but the demo will contain:

One map
16-player single player
16 and 32-player multiplayer
Time limit per round

The time limit per round is another prime example of what a company does
when they are successfull as opposed to when they are 'new'. The BF1942 demo
was IMHO the best demo put out for any game, imho, it sold the game to 10s
of thousands of gamers. So what does Dice do, No demo for BFV and now a time
limited demo for BF2. I would also be willing to lay odds that EA/Dice will
have some sorta of copy protection on the demo like several other companies
have done is recent memory, like the addon for Lomac called Flaming cliffs.

I believe Dice has ceased to be a game developer and become a gaming
company, iow, making great games is not #1 , making money is #1. Now the two
go hand in hand, but if you make great games, the second one will come
naturally.

More about : bf2 demo

Anonymous
June 3, 2005 6:21:14 AM

Yes, in BFV there are whole chunks of map where no-one ever goes. I've
been called away several times whilst playing, just left my player
standing in the middle of nowhere - normally return 5 minutes later to
find him still there alive.........
June 3, 2005 6:55:17 AM

General wrote:
> The tentative release date for the BF2 demo is a little over a week
>
> Although final dates for the Battlefield 2 demo have not been locked down we
> understand we will be allowed to make it available in little over a week.
> Once again these features are NOT 100% final but the demo will contain:
>
> One map
> 16-player single player
> 16 and 32-player multiplayer
> Time limit per round
>

> The time limit per round is another prime example of what a company does
> when they are successfull as opposed to when they are 'new'. The BF1942 demo
> was IMHO the best demo put out for any game, imho, it sold the game to 10s
> of thousands of gamers. So what does Dice do, No demo for BFV and now a time
> limited demo for BF2. I would also be willing to lay odds that EA/Dice will
> have some sorta of copy protection on the demo like several other companies
> have done is recent memory, like the addon for Lomac called Flaming cliffs.
>
> I believe Dice has ceased to be a game developer and become a gaming
> company, iow, making great games is not #1 , making money is #1. Now the two
> go hand in hand, but if you make great games, the second one will come
> naturally.

similar to the 'Secret Weapons' MP demo maybe?
can live with time locked if its 45 minutes,
we just play the same map in 45 mninute chunks over and over again lol.
cant see them doing a time less than that, would annoy too many
potential BF2, unless DICE has gameplay issues to hide.
3 million people bought BF1942 world wide, and million or so bought BFV,
theres a lot of people eagerly waiting for BF2, they would be silly to
kill the game with a lemon, BF3 will be out there in 2 years remember.
plus a couple of expansion packs inbetween (ala BF1942).

BFV was by Canadian DICE, and slightly rushed, (based on BF1942 V1.3
code too), by the 1.2 patch its a good game on good hardware,
check out the BFV maps carefuly, lots of thought gone into them,
I revisted BFV with better hardware and was pleased by it,
plus it has some good mods too, some very ground breaking ones,
like 1776, POE, OPK etc.
One thing I dont like about some maps on BFV, is the urban maps,
too gloomy and more like 'Max Max' than Vietnam
(prob true to life in war torn Vietnam). oh well.
regards [AGB] malcolm
June 3, 2005 7:20:56 AM

In article <pEPne.10511$xm3.6941@attbi_s21>, m.tamblynREMOVE@mchsi.com
says...
> by the 1.2 patch its a good game on good hardware,
> check out the BFV maps carefuly, lots of thought gone into them,
> I revisted BFV with better hardware and was pleased by it,

i agree. i absolutely hated it when it first came out. i didn't play it
for months until the most recent patch came out. i then revisted the
game and it's MUCH better than it was, but it still has it's problems.
the one thing i could never really overcome in the game was the
simulated "bouncing" of the infantry. unlike BF1942, BFV's character
slightly bounces as he runs, this actually makes my stomach a bit
queezy.

anyway, i learned to play BFV rather quickly and found that gaining
score is very easily done when you think outside the box. i would spawn,
go away from the spawn and in a circle to the next spawn. all the other
idiots would be running straight at the new spawn or coming straight
toward the spawn i just came from... hell, it was like taking candy from
a baby. on my fourth map, i took gold (as infantry) and continued to
medal over and over again. i'd visit every full server i could find and
have a blast picking on veteran players. got bored with that and went
back to my beloved BF1942 and played CTF :-)

/CF
Anonymous
June 4, 2005 1:31:03 AM

In article <1117790474.772125.327230@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>,
tangerine_sedge@hotmail.com says...
> Yes, in BFV there are whole chunks of map where no-one ever goes. I've
> been called away several times whilst playing, just left my player
> standing in the middle of nowhere - normally return 5 minutes later to
> find him still there alive.........

thats cool
--
"The object of war is not to die for your country
but to make the other bastard die for his."

"Colonel_Flagg" <colonel_flagg@_NOSOUPFORJ00_internetwarzone.org> wrote in
message news:MPG.1d09ced1b983168c989783@nntp.charter.net...

> the one thing i could never really overcome in the game was the
> simulated "bouncing" of the infantry. unlike BF1942, BFV's character
> slightly bounces as he runs, this actually makes my stomach a bit
> queezy.

BF42 also used to have head bobbing. They disabled it in one of the
patches. Personally, I like the head bobbing affect. Without it, I feel
more like I'm floating across the landscape, not running.
!