Your question

Extremely loud noise

Tags:
  • Sound Cards
  • Speakers
  • Components
Last response: in Components
January 24, 2013 6:52:09 AM

When starting up or shutting down windows 7 (and 8), a loud static explosion is heard from the external speakers. Prior to installing soundcard drivers, I was not having this issue. The sound card is a Creative X-Fi Xtrememusic PCI card (SB0460) running on an evga 630i board. I have disabled HDMI and Onboard sound. The speakers are connected to the sound card by RCA cables. Any suggestions as to where to go from here?

More about : extremely loud noise

January 24, 2013 6:59:35 AM

dydlee said:
When starting up or shutting down windows 7 (and 8), a loud static explosion is heard from the external speakers. Prior to installing soundcard drivers, I was not having this issue. The sound card is a Creative X-Fi Xtrememusic PCI card (SB0460) running on an evga 630i board. I have disabled HDMI and Onboard sound. The speakers are connected to the sound card by RCA cables. Any suggestions as to where to go from here?

try moving the sound card to another pci slot. see if it the slot or a grounding issue. check that there no power cable going across the sound card. sound like that could be a grounding issue or a power supply issue. (old caps).
m
l