Sign in with
Your question

When I plugged in my video card Nothing happens!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 22, 2012 5:16:39 PM

Well I'm absolutely new here, I've been reading posts for a long time but this is my first one. Well I just installed a new EVGA GT 430 1024 mb Graphics card into my pavilion slimline PC. The PC is REALLY old and REALLY suckish. Well I turned on my computer and, nothing was displaying. I connected the VGA connector to my motherboard VGA and then nothing happened. I connected the VGA to the graphics card VGA and then still nothing happened. Then I took out the graphics card and plugged in the VGA to the motherboard and it worked fine. I think this is because of my integrated graphics. Here is a link to my PC (the only difference is the power supply, I replaced it with a 400w TFX which is working fine.)
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Docume...

Well with the graphics card in there, I can't get it to work. When the graphics card is installed the fan turns on but the monitor, when connected, doesn't turn on :(  Please help! Thanks!

More about : plugged video card

a b U Graphics card
July 22, 2012 5:40:12 PM

The integrated graphic is turned off automatically when you install a dedicated card. I am not uptodate with Nvidia cards but I would wonder if your 400w PSU is adequate for that Video card.
m
l
July 22, 2012 5:42:43 PM

bryonhowley said:
The integrated graphic is turned off automatically when you install a dedicated card. I am not uptodate with Nvidia cards but I would wonder if your 400w PSU is adequate for that Video card.

I checked EVGA's website, it says the GT 430 requires a minimum of 300w of power.
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
July 22, 2012 7:02:12 PM

Those requirements are just for safety that card can fed max upto 130w or less, so psu is not an issue do you have another cable, also check that card in other pc.
m
l
Anonymous
a c 117 U Graphics card
July 22, 2012 7:28:34 PM

without the card installed go into the BIOS and see what options you have for the display.
if there is an auto select option disable it and see if you can enable both the PCI and onboard then install the card.
some times it is a bit of trial and error.
m
l
!