roshansdodeja

Honorable
Jul 22, 2012
which graphic card would my system support??
my specifications are
PROCESSOR-intel pentium 4 515 2.93 Ghz
RAM-2 GB DDR RAM
OS-WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE 32 BIT
MOTHERBOARD-MS-7071 MSI PM8M2-V
CHIPSET- VIA-P4M800
1 32-bit AGP (66MHz) for 8x/4x mode graphics card slot
Two PCI 2.2 32-bit PCI bus slots (support 3.3V/5V PCI bus interface).
if you could tell me which graphics card is compatible?
i was lookin forward to buy
Forsa NVIDIA GeForce FX5500 256 MB DDR Graphics Card

Solution
Well you have an AGP slot on your motherboard, which means you are limited to an AGP graphics card. You are only going to find a few old graphics cards that use agp, as both Nvidia and ATI/AMD switched over to PCIe a while ago.

If the nviida fx5500 is advertised as "AGP" it will work.

Max1s

Distinguished
May 24, 2011
Well you have an AGP slot on your motherboard, which means you are limited to an AGP graphics card. You are only going to find a few old graphics cards that use agp, as both Nvidia and ATI/AMD switched over to PCIe a while ago.

If the nviida fx5500 is advertised as "AGP" it will work.

Solution
So long as it supports the version of AGP that you have (don't mix different AGP versions), it should work. The memory interface on a graphics card is completely separate from the memory interface of the main system.

Regardless of what you do, don't expect it to be a powerhouse of a computer.

PCI is a bottle-neck for graphics cards in gaming and other such situations, but if it is just for a desktop computer for office work and similarly light applications, then a PCI graphics card could do the job. There are much newer PCI graphics cards than AGP graphics cards, but they have inferior performance to the latest AGP graphics cards because those were high-performance cards for the time whereas new PCI cards are very low performance cards.

Max1s

Distinguished
May 24, 2011
The type of memory (DDR2, DDR1, etc.) dosn't matter on the video card. If it is AGP it will work.

No, the PCI slots cannot be used for video cards, only PCIe slots.

Where do you live if I may ask?

womble

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2006
About the best I can think of is something like an ATI HD3650, not exactly modern...but I imagine better than some modern low end stuff. Amazon is a good place to dig around I imagine (though you really have to dig around the descriptions to make sure they are really AGP)

There are AGP Radeon 4000 cards. They aren't modern either, but they are a large improvement over the 3000 generation.

roshansdodeja

Honorable
Jul 22, 2012
guys!i bought the card installed it!after installing it the videos which i play on youtube or any other website slags while playing ?and there is no compatible windows 7 driver for my graphics card that is Forsa Nvidia GEforce FX-5500 256MB AGP 128BIT!!

Well, you could try lowering the video quality. Like I said, you should keep in mind the age of your card. You should also keep in mind that your CPU is very old too. I brought up the AGP Radeon 4000 cards because most of them should be a lot faster than any Nvidia FX card. I would say that you could have at least gone for a DX10-capable card such as one of the Radeon 4000 cards. There might have also been Nvidia GT/GTS/GTX 200 cards that use the AGP interface and they would have also been a better purchase.