NVLDDMKM.SYS Official fix

wonder44

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2010
Hi.

Today im here to give you a fix for nvlddmkm.sys blue screen of death. Commonly found with the GTX200 series graphics cards from nvidia.

The problem is the core speeds. My GTX285 has been causing me nothing but trouble, with a capital T. My Core clock is 848mhz by default, memory is 1242mhz by default.

You will need to lower the core clock to 840MHz and memory clock to 1230MHz in order to keep the card stable. With other GTX200 series cards, lower core clock by 10MHz, and memory clock by 20MHz.

Why Nvidia has released a card with unstable clock speeds is beyond me, however this is the solution. I have not experianced any more nvlddmkm.sys errors after lowering the clock speeds. Nor have i noticed a decrease in performance.

So here you have it, this is the fix for this error amoung the GTX200 series cards from nvidia. I suggest you use EVGA precision X to do this, not rivatuner or other third party programs. Hope i helped you guys and girls out there with this problem.

wonder44

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2010
that's just your isolated issue on how to solve YOUR problem, it doesn't speak for everybody.
I use a MSI N250GTS 1GB OC'd in a back-up unit with no issues.

did you research this at all and/or Google search for info.?
what drivers are you using.?.
sounds like you might have a BUG card and it's time to go if not drivers.

and EVGA Precision IS MADE BY RIVATUNER.....
Sorry.

No no, my mate has the same card and same problem, and my fix helped him. My other mate has a GTX260 and this seems to have solved his problems as well. Im running 285.62. My mate is running 301.48 or somthing. My other mate im not sure about. I have this fix on another website and have had great feedback. So maybe you just have a lucky card, or your just one to not experiance this.

that's just your isolated issue on how to solve YOUR problem, it doesn't speak for everybody.

Sorry.
Are you sure? I know MSI's Afterburner is written by Unwinder who was the founder of Rivatuner but it seems odd that he would do the same software for two different companies.

MEMOFLEX

Distinguished
I get this issue on 560 ti regardless of drivers or whether I turn off sli. My cards are ASUS pre overclocked cards but the issue can happen either at stock or o/c speed. This is not a issue that happens often and can sometimes go for 6 months without an issue only to get 2 in a week. I have checked voltages etc so your fix may only apply to 200 cards but I upgraded from a 260 (Gigabyte soc) and never had the problem once. Glad it works for some but I don't think it is a generic fix.

wonder44

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2010

Yes i am sure. Like memoflex said, It may just be the 200 series cards, and that is what i said. And i guess it does not matter what program you use, i just said use precisionX as it has solved my problems. If anyone is having these problems, Its worth a try as it has helped two of my friends and many others on other sites. It may just be with certain cards who knows, but its fixing the problem for a lot of people, so i guess its worth a try.

wonder44

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2010

Maybe you could try what i mentioned, and lower the cards clock speeds a little under the default speeds.

MEMOFLEX

Distinguished
In my opinion it is far to common a fault to be related completely to the hardware. Not to say that your solution does not work for a lot of people but for me I believe it is directly related to driver upgrades and not completely removing all instances of the previous driver.

This is mainly because I have never had this issue when only one iteration of the Nvidia drivers are installed, only when I have upgraded. I have found that if Afterburner is running during a driver update (also is set to start with windows)that it does not always update the NVLDDMKM.SYS (tested since last post) meaning that there is a mismatch between current driver version and the mentioned problematic file. RealTemp also seems to have a similar effect.

In all honesty if i had to underclock the cards that i paid a premium for in order to get them to work I would defect to the Red team :D

Glad your fix works for some but hope that my comments may add some alternative fixes or additional information to those with similar issue.

Cheers for the advice though

If you had read my post properly you would have seen that it was not directed at you therefore your response to me doesn't actually make much sense.

wonder44

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2010

Sorry.

Sorry, i have made it quite clear. il tell once again as clear as possible. My fix has helped 2 of my mates sort this problem out. And on the overclocking forums it has helped many people, i do not know for sure how many. You could be right however. It may just be this specific card.

thndr143

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2011

I own a GTX560 Ti BF3 Edition and use MSI afterburner to OC etc... and it too, caused a BSOD from adjusting it