Can my build run programs such as CAD and ProE

Status
Not open for further replies.

songorocosongo

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2011
I am an engineering student and I also like to play games(BF3). This semester I will start a programming course with MatLab and I also want to learn how to use CAD and ProE. Especially autoCAD since I've seen it is required or a plus in many mechanical engineering jobs.

So my question is: Can my PC run these programs smoothly?

Solution
youll be fine. autocad is a joke and i run pro/e everyday at work on an old first gen core 2 duo. its not the fastest especially when regening hundreds of features but it works. you will not be doing any crazy models and drawings i dont suspect so you will be fine with any program even if youre doing simulations.

cbrunnem

Distinguished

what school?

i recommend not getting a computer that can play BF3 honestly. if you are going to a decent school you should not have time to play bf3 as engineering is a 7 day a week degree.

but build a computer for bf3. those programs are weak.

songorocosongo

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2011
University of Puerto Rico at Mayaguez. It is a very good school, however I always find time to play a little now and then.
I already built my computer like 7 months ago and it plays bf3 well on high settings. The specs are below

cbrunnem

Distinguished
youll be fine. autocad is a joke and i run pro/e everyday at work on an old first gen core 2 duo. its not the fastest especially when regening hundreds of features but it works. you will not be doing any crazy models and drawings i dont suspect so you will be fine with any program even if youre doing simulations.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.