How to redirect photos to the "Shared Pictures" folder

I have two users on my computer. We want all of our pictures to go into a
shared folder without having to copy from each of our My Doucements Pictures
folders. How do you program WinXP to automatically download new pictures
straight into the Shared Pictures folder?
--
Thanks

Hi HowCome

Is it Windows XP that downloads the pictures to My Documents\My Pictures or
some other software?

For example, I generally use Kodak EasyShare to download pictures from my
camera. This has the facility to set the target folder. Other software
should have the same facility.

If you are not using any other software, how do you do the download? If you
do it in Windows Explorer, then you have the choice as to where to copy the
pictures to. You would have to do a Copy and Paste or drag with the mouse,
and the target folder is entirely up to you.

Please let me know if I am not making sense
--
Cheers,
Trevor L.

"HowCome" <HowCome@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have two users on my computer. We want all of our pictures to go into a
> shared folder without having to copy from each of our My Doucements
> Pictures
> folders. How do you program WinXP to automatically download new pictures
> straight into the Shared Pictures folder?
> --
> Thanks

Use TweakUI

Microsoft PowerToys for Windows XP

When installed, launch TweakUI, then go to My Computer > Special Folders
within TweakUI.

You then can change the location of your "My Pictures" Folder to the Shared
Pictures folder Location

Then log into the other user accounts to change their "My Documents" folder
to the Shared Pictures folder location.

--
William

Thanks...that works!
--
Thanks

> "WTC" wrote:
>
>> "HowCome" <HowCome@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have two users on my computer. We want all of our pictures to go into
>> > shared folder without having to copy from each of our My Doucements
>> > Pictures
>> > folders. How do you program WinXP to automatically download new
>> > pictures
>> > straight into the Shared Pictures folder?
>> > --
>> > Thanks
>>

>> Use TweakUI
>>
>> Microsoft PowerToys for Windows XP
>> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx
>>
>> When installed, launch TweakUI, then go to My Computer > Special Folders
>> within TweakUI.
>>
>> You then can change the location of your "My Pictures" Folder to the
>> Shared
>> Pictures folder Location
>>
>> Then log into the other user accounts to change their "My Documents"
>> folder
>> to the Shared Pictures folder location.
>>

> Thanks...that works!
> --