Sign in with
Your question

Let's talk EyeFinity/NVSurround

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 22, 2012 8:25:18 PM

So, I'm fairly new to triple display setups. With my 4870's, it was always something I wanted to do, but couldn't due to their limitations. (Short of buying a TripleHead) When I got my two GTX 480's, I had to use the feature. I got myself 3 20" LED Acer Monitors that are 1600x900 due to my concerns with VRAM limitations @ 5760x1080.

Everything works just fine, and there's obviously going to be games that don't support it, I'm extremely happy with it. However, I have a few questions:

1. What angle should the side panels be at in respect to the center screen? I've looked around and found no concrete answer. Some are angled while others are just flat. It would seem flat is most likely due to the way the side screen images grow as they approach the edge of the screen. But I honestly have no idea.

2. Are there Field of View settings that need to be changed to have the best experience with most games? Specifically I would like to know if there's something I should set in BF3 as far as FOV goes. The FOV option in the menus affects vertical FOV, which I'm fairly certain isn't what I'm looking for.
a b U Graphics card
July 22, 2012 9:05:41 PM

The easiest way is to imagine a circle - your eyes from where you will be looking at the middle screen is the center of the circle. The center of the center monitor is the end of the circle (on the circumference, if you will). That distance should be the same for each monitor.

For example, the center of my monitor is 27-29 inches away from my eyes when I'm gaming
m
l
!