TheMark0fDeath

Honorable
Sep 9, 2012
I need help choosing parts, I need a new Monitor, keyboard, and headset. I've been looking at the i3 2120 or FX-4100. I'm definetly getting an HD 7770, and am leaning towards an Antec 300 case. I would use it for casual gaming (steam & minecraft) , editing videos (after effects, vegas, etc.) and web browsing. Thanks! I plan on spending $600 MAX. Anything lower is nice.

swap the older i3 for the new in i3 3220.
one thing to look at is that your using a case that set up for cooling. the antec one that 5 bucks more has top fan and lets you put a fan on the bottom of the case. or case like this
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811156247
that has side venting for letting cool air in and hot air out.
make sure you drop some money on a good power supply. dont be cheack ram is cheap pick up a good 1600 8g kit.
if you have some extra cash pick up an ssd you love the speed of the ssd.

i would agree with investing in the i3-3220 as it has a better memory controller, better igpu(negligable) and gains the ivy bridge performance advantage over the sandy bridge counterpart(5-10% performace maybe) as well as consume less power.

if you post what you need, i can send you into a general direction somewhere with the build(exactally every part you need)

I will also state that if you buy now, newegg has alot of promotions that will save money.

edit: sorta, some of them already went away

TheMark0fDeath

Honorable
Sep 9, 2012

Thanks dude, highly appreciated. Anyway, i'm looking for a Mobo, Monitor, Headset, RAM, HDD (320-500GB), and whatever essentials i could need. I also need a headset i could use as a mic for videos to, i also have an xbox.