Suspend account?

Last response: in Video Games
Share
September 12, 2005 6:04:44 PM

Can a WoW account be suspended and resumed? I'm still on my 30 days trial period
and I'm scheduled for a holiday soon but I don't want to cancel my account. Any
suggestions? Many thanks!

--
Get Firefox browser at www.getfirefox.com
Get free Avast! AntiVirus at www.avast.com

More about : suspend account

Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
September 12, 2005 6:04:45 PM

Yes you can cancel your account and then reactivate it at a later date.
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
September 12, 2005 6:04:45 PM

888 wrote:
> Can a WoW account be suspended and resumed? I'm still on my 30 days trial period
> and I'm scheduled for a holiday soon but I don't want to cancel my account. Any
> suggestions? Many thanks!

You can cancel the account and then re-activate it later and your
characters shouldn't be lost. This is only of any worth if you are
expecting to not be able to play for a month or more and it depends
upon whether your renewal date coincides with when you go on holiday.
(e.g. if your renewal date is 10th October and you're going on holiday
for a month from the 24th then you'll be without WoW for 2 weeks before
your holiday to avoid paying for anything you won't use - if you're
like me you'll be twitching by the end of that)

I don't think you can suspend your account in any other way.

steve.kaye
a b Ý World of Warcraft
September 12, 2005 6:29:39 PM

"888" <none@space.com> wrote in

> Can a WoW account be suspended and resumed? I'm still on my 30 days
> trial period and I'm scheduled for a holiday soon but I don't want to
> cancel my account. Any suggestions? Many thanks!

As others have mentioned, you can simply cancel and reactivate when you get
back. Your characters will be unaffected. I'm pretty sure this won't
suspend your free month, however. I believe that clock continues to tick
once initially activated, whether you're account remains active or not.

--
Richard Carpenter
September 12, 2005 6:46:35 PM

<lowgarr@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> Yes you can cancel your account and then reactivate it at a later date.

And keeping the characters?
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
September 13, 2005 2:12:28 PM

On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 14:04:44 +0100, "888" <none@space.com> scribed into the
ether:

>Can a WoW account be suspended and resumed? I'm still on my 30 days trial period
>and I'm scheduled for a holiday soon but I don't want to cancel my account. Any
>suggestions? Many thanks!

Why wouldn't you want to cancel your account? Everything will be exactly as
you left it when you get back.

Unless you are in the midst of a multi-month prepay? In that case, you
probably will have to call (not email) Blizzard customer service, cause
that is a bit of a special case. You wouldn't want to cancel then, since it
wouldn't actually DO anything until you got back from your away time.
!