Speedlite 420EX and Canon Digital Rebel XT

Last response: in Digital Camera
September 21, 2005 4:24:01 PM

Hi all!

I had the speedlite before I bought the XT.
While reading the manual over again, I noticed at the beginning of the book
there is a difference between Type "A" (E-TTL) and type "B" (TTL) cameras.
Mine was listed as type "A" when I had my film Canon Eos, but what of the
XT? Does it belong to A or B? I went to the Canon page, but could not find
what I was looking for. Thanks for any help on this matter.

Marcel
Anonymous
September 21, 2005 9:50:50 PM

Celcius wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I had the speedlite before I bought the XT.
> While reading the manual over again, I noticed at the beginning of the book
> there is a difference between Type "A" (E-TTL) and type "B" (TTL) cameras.
> Mine was listed as type "A" when I had my film Canon Eos, but what of the
> XT? Does it belong to A or B? I went to the Canon page, but could not find
> what I was looking for. Thanks for any help on this matter.
>
> Marcel

Download the Rebel XT manual. Page 102 says it is a Type A body.

--
John
Anonymous

Thanks John.
I have the manuals (French and English), but it never dawned on me to look
there. You know... Speedlite... Speedlite manual ;-(
Cheers,
Marcel

!