Pc freezing

sukrit

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2009
my pc freezes out of no where while playing games and whilst normal browsing nothing happens
my pc specs are :-
motherboard-asus p8p67 b3 revision
processor- intel core i5 2500k
ram- 4gb ddr3 at 1333 mhz
graphics card - zotac gtx 670(non oc edition)
power supply- cooler master extreme 600 watts
harddisk- seagate barracuda 1tb

nothing is overclocked everything is at stock speeds , i did memtest and tests for my harddisk found nothing .. even changed my gtx 670 with a 560ti to see whether it's a crad related problem but still nothing .. and now i am completely clueless on wht to do .. and yeah as far as i knw i am pretty sure my power supply is adequate enough for the whole system
Any sort of help would be really appreciated .. thx guys (in advance) and yes my operating system is windows7 64-bit Pro edition ..

AND GUYS .. i am putting on link to a video on youtube of some other guy but experiencing the same problem as mine and i do get those weird sounds when the computer freezes while playing games - "http://youtu.be/Qb63L4W47ss" and the soultion tht has been posted on this video thread ; i have tried tht as well

Cooler master makes a lot of absolute junk power supplies, and the extreme power plus series is especially bad.

www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Cooler-Master-eXtreme-Power-Plus-600-W-Power-Supply-Review/1034/9

I would replace it immediately with a quality PSU, then go from there. I wouldn't risk losing your whole rig to that PSU.

Edit: the sounds and locking up are almost certainly your PSU not providing enough power or the GPU crashing for some other reason

sukrit

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2009
any idea regarding wht could be the reason for the gpu to crash ? and what all psu brands would u recommend?

The other option is gpu temps or a bad card. But to be honest. (And I even have a high end coolermaster PSU which is ok. although I do regret supporting them now and won't even buy their cases). I would replace it first. And go from there. Seasonic and PC power and cooling are the top end. Antec, xfx and corsair are plenty good and cheaper. OCZ is also decent. Rosewill has stepped up. Those brands are generally ok. The thing is very few companies design and make PSUs. The rest rebrand. And a lot flat out lie. In general go with a good.brand and google for it with the word "review". Hardwaresecrets, jonnyguru, xbitlabs, anandtech and other sites all do in-depth analysis and load tests. Hardwaresecrets being my personal fave for PSUs

Here is a good list
www.eggxpert.com/forums/thread/323050.aspx

sukrit

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2009
i am more than sure that its not my gpu because i just got a new one and moreover i have beein keeping a constant check on iits temperature and usage percentage while gaming and just as you mentioned ; i did check those sites but really couldnt decide on a good one, although i thought of getting this "Enthusiast Series™ TX750 V2 " .. so what do you think of this model?
and yes thanks UNKSOL , you really helped a lot!!

sukrit

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2009
i changed my power supply , changed it to a corsair tx750 v2 and my pc still froze up at beginning loading screen of battlefield 3 , totally clue-less regarding what is wong now ..

sukrit

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2009

I have a p67 based motherboard so i dont have any onboard video chip

sukrit

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2009
could it be a faulty gpu ? or because of excessive processes running behind ? and if its a faulty gpu how do i check it without replacing it with some other card.. !!

sukrit

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2009
GUYS !! "serious concern" ; my computer Is still freezing while gaming and I get this weird tearing sound when it freezes
its exactly like in the video "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEQp8H4VLEE&feature=related" ... i have changed my power supply and i don't know what else to do