Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Connector Burned that is hooks to Mthrboard from LCD (Lptop)

Last response: in Components
January 24, 2013 9:35:08 PM

Hello,
My Laptop (CQ61) LCD has been acting really weird .

With lots of lines and colors so that you can't really read the screen. I just took it apart adn see that the connector from the LCD that hooks directly into the Motherboard is discolored on one side where the 2 black wires hook into the connector. Looks like it shorted or something. Anyone have any insight?
a b ) Power supply
a b V Motherboard
January 24, 2013 9:40:56 PM

Pics?
Score
a b D Laptop
a b V Motherboard
January 24, 2013 9:44:53 PM

does it look like that --> =(or
= <
Score
January 24, 2013 9:52:00 PM

HaleyAMD said:
Hello,
My Laptop (CQ61) LCD has been acting really weird .

With lots of lines and colors so that you can't really read the screen. I just took it apart adn see that the connector from the LCD that hooks directly into the Motherboard is discolored on one side where the 2 black wires hook into the connector. Looks like it shorted or something. Anyone have any insight?

have a pic not sure how to post it....
Score
January 24, 2013 10:00:54 PM

Z1NONLY said:
Pics?

How do you cut and paste a pic in for this forum? I have a good picture of the connector adn have the computer open right now.....
Score

Best solution

a b ) Power supply
a b V Motherboard
January 24, 2013 10:54:03 PM

Well, it definitely got hot, and shorts can cause some heat.

The display could have some sort of issue causing it to pull too much current, or the connector could be close to something else that's cooking that corner.

If it's the former, you will probably need a new display/laptop. (depending on availability and price)

If it's the latter, such as a clogged heat sink, (If that's right next to the connector and generating extra heat)you may be able to cool that component down.
January 24, 2013 10:56:24 PM

Best answer selected by HaleyAMD.
Score
!