Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Ranked Servers, Offical Comment

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
June 4, 2005 6:56:56 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.ea.battlefield,alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

In article <42a0ccf1$0$15007$ed2619ec@ptn-nntp-reader02.plus.net>,
nospam@lorian.nod says...
> http://www.eagames.com/official/battlefield/battlefield...
>
> Lorian
>
>
>



I can't wait for the EA servers to go up and ranking to begin. We'll see
just how good these EA server players are. At least for the first 2
weeks or so, we'll not need worry about cheaters.



/CF
June 4, 2005 4:24:00 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.ea.battlefield,alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

Colonel_Flagg wrote:
> In article <42a0ccf1$0$15007$ed2619ec@ptn-nntp-reader02.plus.net>,
> nospam@lorian.nod says...
>
>>http://www.eagames.com/official/battlefield/battlefield...
>>
>>Lorian
>>
>>
>>
>
>
>
>
> I can't wait for the EA servers to go up and ranking to begin. We'll see
> just how good these EA server players are. At least for the first 2
> weeks or so, we'll not need worry about cheaters.
>
>
>
> /CF

with the ranking system, and its eventualy expansion to PB servers other
than EA, and the ingames assist points (and final scoreboard), we finaly
will see how good the Tankers and the Fly Boys are compared to the
Grunts. going to be a fun time ahead, the game as well.
Related resources
Anonymous
June 4, 2005 4:48:37 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.ea.battlefield,alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

In article <A3hoe.17073$xm3.14017@attbi_s21>, m.tamblynREMOVE@mchsi.com
says...
> with the ranking system, and its eventualy expansion to PB servers other
> than EA, and the ingames assist points (and final scoreboard), we finaly
> will see how good the Tankers and the Fly Boys are compared to the
> Grunts. going to be a fun time ahead, the game as well.

Me shurely gonna try/test those heatseeking Stingers.
After seeing that strong change of diretcion in one of those BF2 movies
i think those planes/choppers wont stay long in the air.

One thing is puzzling me though.
Was there not something like counter measures to avoid
those Stingers?
Shure hope that aint the case. :-/
--
"Don't argue with idiots. They'll drag you down to their level and
beat you with experience."
Anonymous
June 4, 2005 6:48:17 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.ea.battlefield,alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

Tiny Pat wrote:
> In article <A3hoe.17073$xm3.14017@attbi_s21>, m.tamblynREMOVE@mchsi.com
> says...
>
>>with the ranking system, and its eventualy expansion to PB servers other
>>than EA, and the ingames assist points (and final scoreboard), we finaly
>>will see how good the Tankers and the Fly Boys are compared to the
>>Grunts. going to be a fun time ahead, the game as well.
>
>
> Me shurely gonna try/test those heatseeking Stingers.
> After seeing that strong change of diretcion in one of those BF2 movies
> i think those planes/choppers wont stay long in the air.
>
> One thing is puzzling me though.
> Was there not something like counter measures to avoid
> those Stingers?
> Shure hope that aint the case. :-/
I have mixed feelings about the heatseeking. Sure I can fire them over
obstacles now like buildings and ridges to chase after the birds ( a
favorite trick of mine in bfv) but I liked a DC type missle that was
really fast that way my anti tank skills of zook lobbing and rpg lofting
were applicable, zip-bang-boom. I guess in the final analysis I will
adjust to heat seeking. I am looking forward to flying my AT missle
around corners and into fully loaded apc's and hovering helo's.....
Mr. Nemo
Anonymous
June 4, 2005 10:19:00 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.ea.battlefield,alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

"Tiny Pat" <flyace@pi.be.NO> wrote in message

> One thing is puzzling me though.
> Was there not something like counter measures to avoid
> those Stingers?
> Shure hope that aint the case. :-/

You are out of luck. They have a lock indicator and flares!

L.
Anonymous
June 7, 2005 9:29:51 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.ea.battlefield,alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

Colonel_Flagg wrote:

> At least for the first 2 weeks or so,
> we'll not need worry about cheaters.
>
>
>
> /CF



So you're not getting it then? :) 
Anonymous
June 7, 2005 12:54:45 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

So, are EA going to charge a subscription to play on their ranked
servers? If they try this, then I think they'll just find everyone
playing on private servers instead.

Also, anyone know, how I get google groups to support
alt.games.ea.battlefield?
!