Removing Color Blocks from Behind Icon Labels

Under the icons on my desktop are text labels. I use two Windows XP
computers. One of them displays a color background behind these text labels
and the other one doesn't. I like not having a color background behind these
labels. How do I get rid of it? (I know how to change the color, but
haven't found a way to turn it off or make it transparent. Yet, it must be
possible, because my other computer is that way.)

Thanks for the help.

Right click My Computer and select Properties, Advances, Performance (Settings). Uncheck Use drop shadows............

Note: If you have Active Desktop enabled, this setting will not make a differene.

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
--------------------------------
--------------------------------
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

"Doug Knox MS-MVP" <dknox@mvps.org> wrote in

> Right click My Computer and select Properties, Advances, Performance
> (Settings). Uncheck Use drop shadows............
>
> Note: If you have Active Desktop enabled, this setting will not make a
> differene.

Mine is backwards. By checking 'Use drop shadows for icon labels on the
desktop' the text backgrounds for my desktop icons dissappeared. Any
thoughts on why this is backwards?

Nope, I've never seen it work in reverse!

"John Smithe" <JS@Huh.Wha> wrote in message news:Xns96A82945A7816DQ1V55H078NX3AGH5MJX@207.46.248.16...
> "Doug Knox MS-MVP" <dknox@mvps.org> wrote in
>
>> Right click My Computer and select Properties, Advances, Performance
>> (Settings). Uncheck Use drop shadows............
>>
>> Note: If you have Active Desktop enabled, this setting will not make a
>> differene.
>>

> Mine is backwards. By checking 'Use drop shadows for icon labels on the
> desktop' the text backgrounds for my desktop icons dissappeared. Any
> thoughts on why this is backwards?

Sparda

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2005

"" wrote:
> Under the icons on my desktop are text labels. I use two
> Windows XP
> computers. One of them displays a color background behind
> these text labels
> and the other one doesn't. I like not having a color
> background behind these
> labels. How do I get rid of it? (I know how to change the
> color, but
> haven't found a way to turn it off or make it transparent.
> Yet, it must be
> possible, because my other computer is that way.)
>
> Thanks for the help.

Open system properties, go to Advnaced, click the Performance Settings
button, and ensure that "Adjust for best apperance" is checked, if it
is alredy cheded, check a diffrant setting, click applie, and then set
it back to best apareance.

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Customize-Removing-Color-Blocks-Icon-Labels-ftopict403850.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1337666