SLI GTX 560 Ti Usage problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frozak

Honorable
Jul 23, 2012
Hi

My system runs with MSI GeForce GTX 560 Ti SLI and i seemed to have some heat problems on GPU 1. So i tracked my GPU's over a shorter period and found that my GPU 1 goes to a minimum of 70 degrees while running fx. Battlefield 3, and that got me worried.

I then noticed that GPU 1 used ~ 90-100% and GPU 2 0% and got me thinking that since that i build this system i actually havent ever seen my GPU 2 Usage go up. Should i run like that? I always imagined sli to share the usage between the 2 cards?

As i'm not long time experienced with SLI i would very much apreciate some feedback on this?

System:
MSI GeForce GTX 560 Ti SLI
ASUS P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3, Socket-1155
Intel Core i7-2700K Processor
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz 16GB CL9

Regards
Danny Christiansen [Denmark]

Frozak

Honorable
Jul 23, 2012

Yes i assumed that was the only thing i needed to do and ofc have the SLI cable conected.

alexander0884

Distinguished
May 28, 2010

Well you see there;

1. Very little games support SLI/Crossfire configs atm.
2. CLI/Crossfire do not fully utilise the 2nd GPU anyway; perhaps theres not much need.
3. GPUS can run around 95c these days, but obv not recommended.
4. BF3 has native SLI support so dunno

Resolution:

If I rememebr corretly your 2nd card is on power consumption/idle mode you need to scour the internet and in stlal a registry to force it out of idle.

That is the only bit of your post that was worth anything, you don't know nothing about SLi/Crossfire at all do you? :pfff:

Frozak

Honorable
Jul 23, 2012
My system runs with MSI GeForce GTX 560 Ti SLI and i seemed to have some heat problems on GPU 1. So i tracked my GPU's over a shorter period and found that my GPU 1 goes to a minimum of 70 degrees while running fx. Battlefield 3, and that got me worried.
70(C) for that model 560-Ti is right where it usually runs (this is the reference model and NOT a TFII or TFIII version) so I don't see a problem in that, I think the max temp is higher than the 70's..

if you have the SLi bridge installed and drivers loaded correctly your unit upon first boot will give you a SLi capable message in task bar,
did you get that.?
I want to see if your really in SLi mode or not.
also can you list or screen shot your nVidia control panel settings.?

[url]http://valid.canardpc.com/cache/banner/2445763.png[/url]

i do not recall a SLi Capable message tho i installed the system 4 months ago. I did go to Nvdia control panel and told it to enable SLi.

I will take some screenshots of settings when i get home.

alexander0884

Distinguished
May 28, 2010

Well, always had bad experience with SLI and Crossfire. No support, bad drivers, overwriting registry - those are my experiences. Eventually when it DOES work, the performance boost would never equate to utilise the 2nd GPU fully.

Maybe im outdated, but prove me wrong never the less.

Obviosuly in this case, where I mentioned - BF2 has native SLI support, its most likely he just didnt connect the SLI cable or needs to tweak something in the nvidia control panel.

Run 3d Mark Vantage and see what results you get with SLI enabled/disabled.

I don't know where your experience dates from and what cards were involved but this isn't the thread (and I don't have the time) to start posting "with and without" screenshots just to prove to you that SLi works and does what it says on the side of the tin.

andrew089

Honorable
Jul 31, 2012
did anyone actually answer this question? I am having the same problem and would like to have an answer being this is the AWESOME TOM'S HARDWARE!!!! I was hoping to see a good answer. I have checked my drivers and they are up-to-date and I enabled the SLI in the NV CP. Anything else would be great.

Thanks,
Tech geek

Start your own thread and include more detail please.

Status
Not open for further replies.