SAW 6990'S SELLING FOR 400-500$ ON EBAY?

I live in the UK one was sold for below £300 the other for around £350 fully funtional.

Any particular reasons? I thought that it still the best card in the world atm?

I wanted to get it but I doubt my 650w PSU would accommodate the power requirements.
8 answers Last reply
More about 6990 selling ebay
  1. The GTX 690/HD 7970x2 beats it. They are most likely selling it that low because of the 7970x2 and/or the GTX 690. You may need to upgrade the PSU too, but I think it should handle it as long as it has the amps to push the card.
  2. if you have a non extreme edition processor setup you should be fine with a quality 650w psu
  3. I definitely wouldn't pay that much for one, when I can get two 6950s for less. Guess it depends what you want it for.
  4. I have a single 12v rail 650w psu, so I guess 52amps, but damn was too late on the bidding! I am looking to purshase a new 670GTX, I guess the 6990 would blow it out of the water?
  5. Here is the link, the auction is over. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo!!! Loool
  6. Weren't the 6990's noted as being quite noisy when the fans spin up?
  7. Mousemonkey said:
    Weren't the 6990's noted as being quite noisy when the fans spin up?

yes, apperently they sounded like a jet turbine at MAX fan speed
  8. stapo19 said:
    yes, apperently they sounded like a jet turbine at MAX fan speed

Having had a pair of 8800GT's with single slot coolers on, I know how much fun that is to live with! :lol:
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Power Ebay Graphics