Sign in with
Your question

Overscan Nvidia Drivers

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 23, 2012 9:44:23 AM

I use a HDTV 42' 1080P screen, which lacks a "Just scan feature" as my primary monitor, With Catalyst Control Center I was previously able to use a overscan/underscan slider to fix the overscan on my display.

However, since upgrading to a 670 and the 301.42 drivers; I have found out that Nvidia does not offer anywhere close to the same benefit. Instead they offer a resolution re-size, since I am a bit of a multimedia and recording buff. Anything sub 1080p is not acceptable. Because Now in order to fix the overscan I am stuck with 1852x992, ruining fraps footage :( 

Does anyone know a way to fix the overscan. I have been googling this for hours with no luck. :pt1cable: 

Thanks for any help you can offer.

More about : overscan nvidia drivers

July 23, 2012 9:51:08 AM

you should decrease the icon size on windows 7 to see if it helps...
m
l
July 23, 2012 9:54:49 AM

panwala95 said:
you should decrease the icon size on windows 7 to see if it helps...

How would lowering the icon size for windows icons adjust my resolution?

My key issue is that with the nvidia drivers I seem locked to a terrible resolution.
m
l
Related resources
a c 172 Î Nvidia
a b \ Driver
July 23, 2012 3:00:47 PM

The 304.79's have an option for adjusting desktop size and position but I've not had the need to play with it myself, I don't recall not seeing the option in the 301.42's but I didn't need to use it with them either.
m
l
July 24, 2012 1:12:51 AM

Mousemonkey said:
The 304.79's have an option for adjusting desktop size and position but I've not had the need to play with it myself, I don't recall not seeing the option in the 301.42's but I didn't need to use it with them either.

Again, I do NOT want to resize desktop (change resolution), I am after scaling to fix underscan and overscan
m
l
!