Given My GTX 660ti to RMA, Want To Check The Rest Of My PC

streetfarter

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2011
Edit:If you don't want to read all my problem please at least check my GPU-Z screenshots.

Hey everyone. Recently i have given my new Asus GTX 660 ti Direct CU card for RMA for i was having a strange problem that no one had. Meanwhile i wanted to make sure that rest of my rig is OK. So i decided ask you people.

But first i will describe my problem.

I installed GTX 660 ti with the latest driver (306.02) and go in to the game i wanted to play, Guild Wars 2, there was no problem i was having 60 fps at those leveling zones, But when i go into a city with the crowd around (Such as Lion's Arch) i was having between 48 - 30 fps. Then i asked my friend (who had a similar built to mine except he had 560 ti) and he was having way smoother game-play than me. He said he never saw 30 fps. There i started to doubt. I went in to the NVIDIA control panel and made some changes. I went back into the game and there was no noticeable difference. I decided to make a restart and see if that would help. So after the restart i went into the game and fps was the same but when i opened the map and zoom out or zoom in the screen freezes for about 1 or 2 seconds, i mean i read 2.5 fps monitoring with MSI AfterBurner.

I have searched around, asked around did whatever people say (in game configurations and such). The only solution was making a clean driver installation.

So in the conclusion the cycle was going like this;
After installing the latest driver for GTX 660 ti and go run Guild Wars 2 there is no problem with the map(whether i restart the pc or not) , right there my nvidia control panel settings stays default. Then i go in the nvidia control panel and do some adjustments there is still no problem but after restarting the pc then the map problem starts again and will not go away until another driver installation. It needs a clean driver installation.

Actually now as you can see i am having two problems. The one with the low fps and the one with the map.

Here is my PC specifications;

CPU: Intel i5 760

GPU: Asus gtx 660 ti

Mainboard: P7P55D-3 PRO

Ram: G.SKILL F3-16000CL9D-4GBTDD Trident DDR3 2000Mhz CL9 4GB (2x2GB) DUAL

HDD: Caviar black 1TB 7200rpm 64mb cache

PSU: XILENCE Gaming Edition XP700 700W

Running on windows 7 64 bit.

I must add that my RAM isn't on the list of my mainboard's supported RAM list. I don't know that's such a big problem.

Here is my CPU-Z screenshots;

Chache;

Cpu;

MainBoard;

Memory;

Spd;

I want to get your attention to my RAM's speeds is everything OK with them??

Thanks everyone!!

I can not include my GPU cause i am using my old 5700 not the gtx 660ti since i have given it to the service.

Edit: That problem occurs both with lowest settings and highest settings.

streetfarter

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2011
He is using an i5 2500k but i have compared my performans to someone i found in the game who had i5 760 and gtx 660 ti like me.
He had better results than me and never had a problem with the map.

streetfarter

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2011
I don't have any information about that. I didn't bother asking it. If it had something to do with asus, then i think i wouldn't find only my threads when i google it.