aviral

Honorable
Mar 11, 2012
I have a Sony Vaio E-VPCEB32EN Laptop with the config:-
i3-330M clocked at 2.4Ghz
2GB RAM
320GB HDD
Windows 7 Home Basic(64Bit)

It used to work pretty good but from few months the laptop started to frequently hang :'( on most of the tasks i perform such as playing a mp3 file on the windows media player or by mistake clicking twice while opening files ...........

Note:-The laptop has not been format from its date of purchase which is at least two years.

Please suggest me something
I don't like to format my laptop only in worst case I will like to do.

Solution
2GB of RAM is a little limiting, but it should be enough to at least browse the web or play music.

If you press Control+Alt+Esc you can see what is running and what is using up lots of your computer's processing time or RAM.

Then, you can try running msconfig from the Start menu (just press the Start button and type in msconfig) and turn off programs you don't need running all the time. Be careful, as you can turn off things you need and that would be bad. If you look at what is hogging your CPU and RAM on the task manager you might find something you can turn off, and that might fix your problem!

JMer806

Honorable
Jun 12, 2012
Your problem is that you've only got 2 GB RAM. Buy a stick or two of laptop RAM and put it in and see if that improves things.

Also install and run CCleaner to clear your PC up from all its digital clutter. Download and run virus, malware, and adware scanners if you haven't already. After you've done all of that, defrag your hard drive. I bet it needs it.

Between all of that I bet it'll have a noticeable speed improvement.

benji720

Honorable
May 24, 2012
2GB of RAM is a little limiting, but it should be enough to at least browse the web or play music.

If you press Control+Alt+Esc you can see what is running and what is using up lots of your computer's processing time or RAM.

Then, you can try running msconfig from the Start menu (just press the Start button and type in msconfig) and turn off programs you don't need running all the time. Be careful, as you can turn off things you need and that would be bad. If you look at what is hogging your CPU and RAM on the task manager you might find something you can turn off, and that might fix your problem!

Solution

aviral

Honorable
Mar 11, 2012

It was working properly without any problem when it was purchased on 2GB RAM only.
Then why it is creating problems ?

I regularly do this after every 4-5 days or in a week.

aviral

Honorable
Mar 11, 2012

I will try and let you know the difference.....