Brand New Computer Not Working!

jzureich21

Honorable
Jul 2, 2012
So, I ordered a brand new desktop from Cyberpower about a month ago. Upon receiving the computer, it was obviously broken and in very bad shape. I filled out an RMA request, sent it in, and now have just received it. The hard drive, video card, case, and all four sticks of ram were replaced. I power it on and there are clearly more issues. The computer takes forever to boot up and shut down and is extremely sluggish in performing all tasks. It will stop responding for long periods of time, however, if I wait long enough it will continue to function and I have not received any BSOD's. Additionally, it has gone into chkdsk twice upon starting, finding no issues. The tech support at Cyberpower believes it be a bad installation of Windows, however, they did not ship the computer back with the installation and I have not heard from them in three days (Frustrating!!). Does this seem like a bad installation or another issue? If so, does it seem like it would be fixable just using a windows 7 recovery disc bought on Amazon as I can't seem to get in touch with Cyberpower and am growing very impatient? Thanks for any help in advance! and the computer specs are listed below.

List of actions taken:
-Run the windows diagnostic utility from the control panel, with it finding no issues
-Tried using each stick of ram individually, with them all performing the same

AMD FX 8120

NVIDIA Geforce GTX 570 1.2 Gb

Gigabyte AM3+ 970

16gb Ram

2 Tb Seagate Barracude 7200 RPM, 6.0 Gb/s, SATA hard drive

Windows 7 64-bit