Sign in with
Your question

I want to game and record/edit videos/photoshop: can this do the job?

Last response: in Systems
September 10, 2012 11:06:44 PM

I would say if your first priority was gaming then it's not well balanced. Too much CPU and not enough GPU for the price.

There are a few problems with the listed system beyond that, and I will address them in order:

1. The listed power supply is poor. That's a common mistake of all those small time builders... they don't understand the importance of a quality PSU. The BIG guys do... Dell and HP actually research their power supplies.
2. There are no listed fans for the case, and it looks narrow and poorly designed. The fan we can see looks small and noisy.

Given your desires, a list like this would make more sense:

• SAMSUNG 22X DVD Burner SATA Model SH-222BB/BEBE - OEM
  • SilverStone SST-PS07B Black Steel / Plastic with Aluminum Accent MicroATX Mini Tower Computer Case
  • Western Digital Caviar Blue WD5000AAKX 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
  • SAPPHIRE Vapor-X 100358VXL Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support ...
  • AMD Gift - NEXUiZ Free Coupon
  • SeaSonic S12II 430B 430W ATX12V V2.3/EPS12V 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply
  • Crucial Ballistix sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600) Desktop Memory Model BLS2KIT4G3D1339DS1S00
  • ASRock Z77 Pro4-M LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard
  • Intel Core i5-3470 Ivy Bridge 3.2GHz (3.6GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 2500 ...
  • Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit - OEM
    TOTAL: $848.63

Yes, that's US and doesn't help you with prices. However, the general specs are just about perfect.

- A high quality case with front USB 3.0 ports. This one is on the small side, so you could get a larger case and larger motherboard to go into it... no clear advantage to that for you though, except maybe more air flow.
    - A high quality power supply
    - A motherboard that supports USB 3.0 and very fast drives.
    - A fast CPU that will do what you want.
    - An adequate new video card that will run cool and not use too much power.

Plug those parts into Scan:

http://www.scan.co.uk

And see what you come up with...
    OR buy the 3rd system on this list, the G31

http://www.scan.co.uk/value-systems

You could change the graphics card if you want.

September 10, 2012 11:46:04 PM

Or the similar system I did on your other thread. Certainly agree that German system is a bit of a mismatch, plus buying a complete PC from overseas has obvious disadvantages.
    !