Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

What's A Good Monitor

Last response: in Systems
Share
September 10, 2012 9:19:27 PM

Hey guys so I am making a pc(will get parts on cyber monday) so i was wondering what is the best yet cheapest monitor. not to big maybe around a 20"-30"

More about : good monitor

September 10, 2012 9:26:10 PM

What resolution are you looking at 1920x1080 or 2560x1440? Kinda depends on your graphics card also do you want 3d or any other special features?
m
0
l
September 10, 2012 9:31:19 PM

Builder2B said:
What resolution are you looking at 1920x1080 or 2560x1440? Kinda depends on your graphics card also do you want 3d or any other special features?


my gpu is a HIS Radeon 7870
and im sorta new at this so i dnt know what 1920x1080 and 2560x1440 is so yeah. and im gonna run WoW on it and some games and stuff
m
0
l
Related resources
September 10, 2012 9:38:31 PM

Those are resolutions of the moniter basically the number of pixels in an inch more = higher quality image/ more space on the desktop. The 7870 could support either. Whats your budget for this? I have a Catleap (only available on ebay) about 360 or so 27" 2560x1440 only issue is the stand is weak but as long as your not slaming on the desk your fine.
m
0
l
September 10, 2012 9:44:25 PM

Builder2B said:
Those are resolutions of the moniter basically the number of pixels in an inch more = higher quality image/ more space on the desktop. The 7870 could support either. Whats your budget for this? I have a Catleap (only available on ebay) about 360 or so 27" 2560x1440 only issue is the stand is weak but as long as your not slaming on the desk your fine.




$650 but maybe ill just wait cuz i already have a monitor. but when i do have the budget, what would you reccomend. if it is 2560x1440 can it be cheap?
m
0
l
September 10, 2012 9:53:26 PM

I haven't seen any retail (walk into a store) and get a 2560x1440 for much under 800-1000, but it may be different for you. I have 3 Yamakasi Catleap Q270 that I bought from green-sum on ebay and I love them. There LED backlit and they cost me less than 400 a pop including shipping and I got them in around a week. The stand is *** just warning you it is flimsy but it doesn't bother me when I play games or anything you may be different. The LED backlit was a huge plus for me and the same on newegg from samsung is over 1,100. The color quality is something everyone debates over. If you decide against the catleap or something like that. I'd go into a store and look at the color of each of the brands then look for the monitor from that brand since there's no real way to tell the difference on a monitor.
m
0
l
September 10, 2012 10:01:35 PM

Builder2B said:
I haven't seen any retail (walk into a store) and get a 2560x1440 for much under 800-1000, but it may be different for you. I have 3 Yamakasi Catleap Q270 that I bought from green-sum on ebay and I love them. There LED backlit and they cost me less than 400 a pop including shipping and I got them in around a week. The stand is *** just warning you it is flimsy but it doesn't bother me when I play games or anything you may be different. The LED backlit was a huge plus for me and the same on newegg from samsung is over 1,100. The color quality is something everyone debates over. If you decide against the catleap or something like that. I'd go into a store and look at the color of each of the brands then look for the monitor from that brand since there's no real way to tell the difference on a monitor.



lol ill stick to 1920x1080. whats a good and cheap one?
m
0
l

Best solution

September 10, 2012 10:50:41 PM

Samsung and Acers make cheap 27 inch around $300. I used to have the Acer S271HL costs 300.
Share
September 10, 2012 11:01:05 PM

Best answer selected by oss43456.
m
0
l
!