Virtual graphics card for gta iv

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucifer773h

Honorable
Jul 23, 2012
Hey GUys....I have a Hp laptop with intel i3,350gb hdd,intel hd graphics and 4gb ram... i bought gta iv and in the graphic settings it says that u r exceeding ur graphic card usage.......and the game does not load properly.....
pls help me....Give me any Solution for this problem!!!

Solution

Unfortunately, your Intel i3 HD graphics is just too slow to run this game even if it loaded up. Integrated graphics are not usually made to cater people who game (even non-gamers who game casually).

Try updating the driver from Intel's website. That's your last unlikely solution.

Maxx_Power

Distinguished

Unfortunately, your Intel i3 HD graphics is just too slow to run this game even if it loaded up. Integrated graphics are not usually made to cater people who game (even non-gamers who game casually).

Try updating the driver from Intel's website. That's your last unlikely solution.

Solution

lucifer773h

Honorable
Jul 23, 2012

No Problem Man...Thnx 4 answering.. i will try to update my graphic card...

lucifer773h

Honorable
Jul 23, 2012

hey.... Can I use any virtual graphic card to run my gta iv? If yes pls tell me the name of the software and the link.....?

Maxx_Power

Distinguished

I'm not sure what you mean by "virtual graphic card", as in software emulation ? If that's what you are talking about, then it is way way way way slower than the onboard you have. Emulation runs by using your CPU to render graphics, a task the CPU is ill-suited to. In the old days of the original Quake, you could CPU render all your graphics because the graphics were simpler. These days, I do not know of any software emulation that can bring about reasonable performance.

lucifer773h

Honorable
Jul 23, 2012

Hey maxx_power..i am talking about virtual graphic card... This is a misnomer, for a built in or on board Graphics's Card. This is where Graphics's Card is built into the Main or Motherboard as a Graphics's controller chip and sharing the on board RAM. These are for entry level systems or Servers...

Maxx_Power

Distinguished

Ahh, okay. Usually the name is "integrated" graphics card. Back in the old days, there was such a thing as "virtual" graphics card, where a software emulation was used to achieve OpenGL or DirectX effects on CPU, but it was slow as hell.

As for using the integrated to run your game, you can definitely try, there is nothing lost by trying. It might be slow, or have graphics artifacts depending on which generation of the i3 you have. The newest ones (3rd gen) are the fastest.

Status
Not open for further replies.