Your question
Solved

CPU Upgrade.

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
January 25, 2013 3:39:43 AM

Hey! I'm back with another question!

I recently found this old HP Mini 1000 Model:1151NR
I started fixing it up for on the go use, because i cant lug around my desktop:/
although I got it working again it's soo slow i can hardly bear it.

I would like to know anything that I can do you make it run better I.E better processor or motherboard upgrade that kind of stuff,
forgive me if I'm asking the impossible I'm new to this whole building/fixing computers as a hobbie thing.

Thanks again for you quick and helpful reply!

More about : cpu upgrade

January 25, 2013 3:56:34 AM

That runs on an atom processor, which is soldered to the motherboard, so you can't upgrade it. A motherboard upgrade is also impossible. The only things you can upgrade on that are the RAM and hard drive. The RAM is an absolute must, because the bare minimum for today's standards is 4GB DDR3, and you have 1GB DDR2. In all honesty, it probably isn't worth putting any money into, as outdated and slow as it is.
m
l

Best solution

a c 146 à CPUs
January 25, 2013 3:58:27 AM

Alphonse_k said:
Hey! I'm back with another question!

I recently found this old HP Mini 1000 Model:1151NR
I started fixing it up for on the go use, because i cant lug around my desktop:/
although I got it working again it's soo slow i can hardly bear it.

I would like to know anything that I can do you make it run better I.E better processor or motherboard upgrade that kind of stuff,
forgive me if I'm asking the impossible I'm new to this whole building/fixing computers as a hobbie thing.

Thanks again for you quick and helpful reply!

Is this your computer:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Docume...

If so there really isn't much you can do. The processor is an Intel Atom which is soldered onto the motherboard and can not be switched out. You can try maxing out the RAM and doing a fresh install of Windows to clear everything out. Fact is you have an old computer with a really crappy processor and old DDR2 RAM. If it were me I wouldn' bother with it.
Related resources
a b à CPUs
January 25, 2013 3:59:14 AM

I'd look at getting a SSD!
m
l
a b à CPUs
January 25, 2013 3:59:49 AM

Do you still have the installation disc for Windows XP for that laptop? If so, I would do a clean installation.

The processor is an Intel Atom model which isn't going to be terribly quick no matter what you do. The go to upgrade options for laptops are usually more RAM and an SSD.

- This model already ships with the maximum amount of DDR2 installed so you're only low hanging fruit would be a hard drive upgrade to SSD.

m
l
a c 146 à CPUs
January 25, 2013 4:04:23 AM

anxiousinfusion said:
Do you still have the installation disc for Windows XP for that laptop? If so, I would do a clean installation.

The processor is an Intel Atom model which isn't going to be terribly quick no matter what you do. The go to upgrade options for laptops are usually more RAM and an SSD.

- This model already ships with the maximum amount of DDR2 installed so you're only low hanging fruit would be a hard drive upgrade to SSD.

Im not familiar with the model but if that 1024 is the max amount of RAM than forget what I said earlier. It makes it even more not worth spending the time and money on upgrading it.
m
l
January 25, 2013 4:07:42 AM

Best answer selected by Alphonse_k.
m
l
a c 146 à CPUs
January 25, 2013 4:13:40 AM

One more thing I just thought of. You said you want portability and powe. I don't know where you are from but you can get a decent laptop with an Ivy Bridges I3 or I5 for pretty cheap and it would be better than that computer.
m
l
a b à CPUs
January 25, 2013 4:18:35 AM

rds1220 said:
One more thing I just thought of. You said you want portability and powe. I don't know where you are from but you can get a decent laptop with an Ivy Bridges I3 or I5 for pretty cheap and it would be better than that computer.

I support that statement
m
l
January 25, 2013 4:28:12 AM

Thanks guys this really helped me out alot!
m
l
a b à CPUs
January 25, 2013 4:46:14 AM

Glad we could help. If you ever need further help let us know
m
l
!