Nokia 6230 - Lost video clips - Help! :(

Last response: in Brands
September 25, 2004 9:26:59 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

I can't play any of my video or sound clips on my Nokia 6230. I can make new
ones, and play them fine. It's not a memory issue, as I have plenty left,
and there was only 5 video clips, and 1 sound clips. They were all about 2
months old, but I really would liked to have kept them :(

If I click on a video clip, it says 'unable to open file' - Also, the shown
memory for each clip is greatly reduced. If you go into 'details', is says
'length 0.00'

Is there any way I can get these back? (I'm thinking not) and what caused
this? My software version is 3.15 and I'm it's on Vodafone (but unlocked) if
it makes a difference.

I've tried re-booting the phone, and even removing the battery, but it's
still the same.

This might be totally unrelated, but I also use OPM-2, and re-named the
clips a little while ago, and this is the first time, I've tried to play
them since re-naming them, although I think this is just coincidence? I've
tried recording a clip since this happened, and re-naming it using OPM-2,
and it still plays fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Cheers,

Matthew
Anonymous
September 27, 2004 9:24:03 AM

"Matthew Long" <mcp.long@NO-SPAMvirgin.net> wrote in message news:<DTh5d.132$NP6.68@newsfe1-gui.ntli.net>...
> I can't play any of my video or sound clips on my Nokia 6230. I can make new
> ones, and play them fine. It's not a memory issue, as I have plenty left,
> and there was only 5 video clips, and 1 sound clips. They were all about 2
> months old, but I really would liked to have kept them :(
>
> If I click on a video clip, it says 'unable to open file' - Also, the shown
> memory for each clip is greatly reduced. If you go into 'details', is says
> 'length 0.00'
>
> Is there any way I can get these back? (I'm thinking not) and what caused
> this? My software version is 3.15 and I'm it's on Vodafone (but unlocked) if
> it makes a difference.
>
> I've tried re-booting the phone, and even removing the battery, but it's
> still the same.
>
> This might be totally unrelated, but I also use OPM-2, and re-named the
> clips a little while ago, and this is the first time, I've tried to play
> them since re-naming them, although I think this is just coincidence? I've
> tried recording a clip since this happened, and re-naming it using OPM-2,
> and it still plays fine.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated

Can you use the supplied PC software to drag them back onto the PC?
Anonymous
September 28, 2004 12:50:17 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

"> Can you use the supplied PC software to drag them back onto the PC?

This is the only glimmer of hope I still have. I did a back up of my phone a
while back, using Nokia Data Suite, unfortunately, I had a problem with the
software, and I've got to re install it. I might be lucky, and it's saved on
some file somewhere! I'd just like to know what caused the video clips to be
erased!!

Matthew
Anonymous
September 28, 2004 2:09:02 AM

Matthew Long wrote:
> "> Can you use the supplied PC software to drag them back onto the PC?
>
> This is the only glimmer of hope I still have. I did a back up of my phone a
> while back, using Nokia Data Suite, unfortunately, I had a problem with the
> software, and I've got to re install it. I might be lucky, and it's saved on
> some file somewhere! I'd just like to know what caused the video clips to be
> erased!!
>

> Matthew

If you have xp the backup file should be in : C:\Documents and
Settings\USER\My Documents\Backup files\

If its in the default place.

Lee
!