Batch file for resetting My Documents

Is there a way to set a different target for the My Documents folder via a
batch file?

Jon
3 answers Last reply
More about batch file resetting documents

    Use the REG.EXE utility that comes with Windows XP. Type REG /? in Command
    Prompt.

    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User
    Shell Folders]
    Change the Value data for "Personal"

    --
    Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org

    "Jon" <jon@webindexing.biz> wrote in message
    > Is there a way to set a different target for the My Documents folder via a
    > batch file?
    >
    > Jon

    Thanks, but this doesn't seem to take effect until after a reboot. Is there
    any way to force a change without rebooting?

    Jon.

    > Use the REG.EXE utility that comes with Windows XP. Type REG /? in Command
    > Prompt.
    >
    > [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User
    > Shell Folders]
    > Change the Value data for "Personal"
    >
    > --
    > Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >

    > "Jon" <jon@webindexing.biz> wrote in message
    >> Is there a way to set a different target for the My Documents folder via
    >> a batch file?
    >>
    >> Jon

    >> Is there any way to force a change without rebooting?

    Not sure if that can be done.

    --

    > Thanks, but this doesn't seem to take effect until after a reboot. Is
    > there any way to force a change without rebooting?
    >
    > Jon.
    >
    > "Ramesh, MS-MVP" <ramesh@XOX.mvps.org> wrote in message
    >> Use the REG.EXE utility that comes with Windows XP. Type REG /? in
    >> Command Prompt.
    >>
    >> [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User
    >> Shell Folders]
    >> Change the Value data for "Personal"
    >>
    >> --
    >> Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
    >> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >>

    >> "Jon" <jon@webindexing.biz> wrote in message
    >>> Is there a way to set a different target for the My Documents folder via
    >>> a batch file?
    >>>
    >>> Jon

Configuration My Documents Microsoft Customization Windows XP