Batch file for resetting My Documents

Jon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2003

Is there a way to set a different target for the My Documents folder via a
batch file?

Jon

Use the REG.EXE utility that comes with Windows XP. Type REG /? in Command
Prompt.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User
Shell Folders]
Change the Value data for "Personal"

--
Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

"Jon" <jon@webindexing.biz> wrote in message
> Is there a way to set a different target for the My Documents folder via a
> batch file?
>
> Jon

Jon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2003

Thanks, but this doesn't seem to take effect until after a reboot. Is there
any way to force a change without rebooting?

Jon.

> Use the REG.EXE utility that comes with Windows XP. Type REG /? in Command
> Prompt.
>
> [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User
> Shell Folders]
> Change the Value data for "Personal"
>
> --
> Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "Jon" <jon@webindexing.biz> wrote in message
>> Is there a way to set a different target for the My Documents folder via
>> a batch file?
>>
>> Jon

>> Is there any way to force a change without rebooting?

Not sure if that can be done.