I'm building a budget gaming PC

I already know what parts I'll be getting, except for the power supply. I'm going to be gaming on my 130w TV and using my GTX 560. The case I am using also has LED lights so I guess that'd use up some power as well. I know that corsair is a good brand, but how many watts should I look for? 800 or so?
4 answers Last reply
More about building budget gaming
  1. Does your TV need to be plugged into your computer's power supply? I've never heard of that. If it doesn't (and I am 99.9999% sure it doesn't) then you don't need to worry about its power draw.

As for the wattage needed for a build with a GTX 560, even 500W will be fine. LED lights on your case won't make a difference. If you have the budget I would say get a Corsair AX750 because it is fully modular and will allow you to SLI easily down the road, but if you're tight on money just get a Corsair builder series CX500.

Good luck!
  2. nsouter853 said:
    Does your TV need to be plugged into your computer's power supply? I've never heard of that. If it doesn't (and I am 99.9999% sure it doesn't) then you don't need to worry about its power draw.

As for the wattage needed for a build with a GTX 560, even 500W will be fine. LED lights on your case won't make a difference. If you have the budget I would say get a Corsair AX750 because it is fully modular and will allow you to SLI easily down the road, but if you're tight on money just get a Corsair builder series CX500.

Good luck!
    Oh yeah I guess that's why an Xbox / PlayStation 3 doesn't explode :) Thanks! However, nVidia or whoever recommends at least a 600w, and I don't want to push it so I'd go with a 650w then. Never hurts to be on the safe side, eh?
  3. Well of course Nvidia suggests 600W or higher, they don't want customers getting mad if their cards don't work on an old PSU haha.

650W sounds fine then. Although really, I would spend the extra $10-20 and get 750W instead so you can SLI easier down the road.
  4. Don't worry about NVIDIAS specs.

And don't worry about watts as much as the amps on 12v rail of your PSU.

And get a quality brand, seasonic, ocz, antec, corsair as examples.

a good 600w with enough 12v rail power will be fine, heck even a good brand 550w will suffice.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Gaming Power Supplies Systems