Which orientation to install CPU cooler?

So I just bought a new case (Rosewill Challenger Black Gaming Case). My mobo is an AMD board, and the cooler I have can only be positioned vertically (Fan facing up or down). So I was wondering, what way would be best to install the Cooler? I have a vent on top of the case with a 140mm fan on it. I'm thinking I should install the cooler with the fan facing toward the bottom of the case. Right? I just wanted to get a second opinion on this before I install anything.

Thanks.
1 answer Last reply
More about which orientation install cooler
  1. Anonymous said:
    So I just bought a new case (Rosewill Challenger Black Gaming Case). My mobo is an AMD board, and the cooler I have can only be positioned vertically (Fan facing up or down). So I was wondering, what way would be best to install the Cooler? I have a vent on top of the case with a 140mm fan on it. I'm thinking I should install the cooler with the fan facing toward the bottom of the case. Right? I just wanted to get a second opinion on this before I install anything.

Thanks.

Yeah, mount it with the fan on the bottom of the cooler and blowing up thru it (ie: push). Also make sure that 140 fan in the top of your case is orientated to blow air up and out of your case.
Ask a new question

Read More

Cooling Fan Cases Components