Around 1 MM Between motherboard and case

jaegar

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013
Hello, I recently bought a entirely new pc, had to build it all together though. But im having already trouble setting it up
Theres like 1-2 Millimetres of space between the motherboard and the case
Just like the picture shows, the space between it.
Is it gonna be alright? I dont want it to burn.

gPPRuxK.jpg

jaegar

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013
Im serious about the 1-2millimetres, its impossible to think theres around 1CM space between them.
Its a ATX Motherboard and the case says it should fit perfectly for ATX motherboards.....

jaegar

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013

Here it is.
Im scared that if something would bump the case the motherboard might wiggle and touch the side
IJd1LxI.jpg

jaegar

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013

Yes, there are standoffs, and the motherboard is not touching the side of the case.
its touching probably inside the case the side of the side of the case. its inside.

N.Broekhuijsen

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
Did you use the standoffs built into the case or did you add them yourself? Can you show us a picture of the rear I/O? Usually if the standoffs aren't there or something like that the rear I/O ports won't line up well with the cutout.

jaegar

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013

There were built in standoffs and I just used them, and I put the I/O of the motherboard inside the case, and fitted it nice and neet. But now I see, the I/O has a plushy thing stuck on it, is this normal? Is this done so that motherboard cant touch metal of I/O??

ELMO_2006

Honorable
Aug 29, 2012
You should be fine. As long as the mobo is screwed into the *stand-offs* she won't move. As for the *pushy-thingy*, if I'm not mistaken that is to add a bit of resistance to give the mobo a good snug fit and to ensure everything lines up upon installation.

agreed, the pushy thing is an asus thing, its much much much better than the normal barbs.

The mobo will not move once you've screwed it down, so providing it fits you'll be ok, the side of the mobo touching metal is ok, the top/bottom should not touch metal other than through the stand offs and screws and the I/O shield.