Is this computer a mid tower or a full tower?

JamesStabsGames

Honorable
Jan 25, 2013
I want to buy a graphics card but apparenly it's quite large and most say it's fine with a full tower but can be a pain with a mid soo.. I wanted to ask (because i'm stupid and can't get it) the experts. :D So..

Weight
12 kg

Dimensions (W x D x H)
41.2 x 17.5 x 41.5 cm

I don't think there's a precise definition that determines the size ranges for different tower types, but I converted to inches, and that's smaller by about 2 inches in each direction than my Antec 300 mid tower, so it's definitely not a full tower, and it might even be considered a mini tower. If you can provide the make and model, I could look it up to see how it's marketed. Alternatively, you can count the expansion slots on the back. If there are fewer than 7, it's probably a micro-atx mini tower.

Hi - must be a mid tower, measurements are not that much
to be full tower. What gpu are you considering?

However, you should be able to fit most any modern graphics
card in. The measurement on the gpu to be concerned most
with is the width, 17.5cm = 6.9" so you should be fine.
All the cards I have looked at are less than 6"w so just
check the cards specs first.
The length might be such that you have to move
a hard drive up or down a little if it's a long card.
That's what I had to do.

Tom

JamesStabsGames

Honorable
Jan 25, 2013

This is the one I was considering - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102996

but i've found a smaller one that will work. - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131484

Look at the specs again. The second one has less height, but it's longer by 0.26 inches, and both are longer than the standard 9.6 inch depth of an ATX motherboard, so I suggest do some measuring inside your case to make sure the card would fit.

Hi - the 1st one you linked is my exact card and it worked well
for me, I did have to move my 2 hdd down as it is a bit long,
my case is 48.3cm long tho.
but the your 2nd link is even longer. I suggest you take the side
panel off and measure from the back panel to the rear of
the hdd cage. That'll determine if the card should fit.

Tom

I searched for those dimensions, and I'm guessing the OP has an HP Pavilion pre-built computer, which calls the case a microtower. If I'm correct about the OP's computer type, the power supply should be checked as well to make sure it can support the new graphics card.

JamesStabsGames

Honorable
Jan 25, 2013

Replaced Power Supply already, but thanks ^^ Also I believe you are correct.