Sign in with
Your question

Corsair H40 question

Last response: in Components
January 25, 2013 1:23:40 PM

Hello, I just bought a new Corsair H40 (CPU cooler) and I noticed that the product has screw-holes in both sides or the radiator.

I'd like to know if anyone tested using it with 2 fans, and, if yes, using what kind of air flows in it?

I have a few spare 120mm fans and would be cool if I got to lower some degress on my CPU temp by adding another fan

Cheers

More about : corsair h40 question

January 26, 2013 5:02:26 PM

you would want a push/pull config for sure. usually vent cold air from outside onto the rad and exhaust hot into the case, but i personally dont like it. i know the ambient air in my case is hella cold (have very good airflow xD), so i take ait form inside of my case and blow it at the rad of my h100i, venting the hot air outside!
m
l
a c 141 à CPUs
January 26, 2013 9:41:12 PM

Phate, whomever told you to blow outside air into the radiator so the hot air blows back into the case is a moron. The hole idea of watercooling is to not put heat in the case. You are 100% right in thinking 'this ain't right'.

Cool air in, hot air out.

Heinzen, Yes go for it. It should drop you another degree or two! Please post back with your results.
m
l
Related resources
January 26, 2013 9:52:23 PM

popatim said:
Phate, whomever told you to blow outside air into the radiator so the hot air blows back into the case is a moron. The hole idea of watercooling is to not put heat in the case. You are 100% right in thinking 'this ain't right'.

Cool air in, hot air out.

Heinzen, Yes go for it. It should drop you another degree or two! Please post back with your results.

Thanks for the answer. I would try that. Should I go for this setup:

Push hot air inside out, pull air inside the case to the radiator?
m
l
January 27, 2013 12:39:32 PM

Heinzen said:
Thanks for the answer. I would try that. Should I go for this setup:

Push hot air inside out, pull air inside the case to the radiator?

i agree that corsair official website are morons... look at their installation instructions for the h80 models. they say cold air onto Rad from outside is best, i disagree... the best config will be for you to pull the air inside of your case onto the radiator, and then use a second fan to vent the air in the radiator fins outwards. so in short, what you have said heinzen about the config you are suggesting, (which was my suggestion in the first place) is correct for you.
m
l
!