Gtx 550ti and 560ti sli

Solution
D
Wait.....I think everyone in this thread is telling you that you can run a GTX 560 Ti and a GTX 550 Ti in Sli together......This is WRONG. To run cards in Sli they must have the same GPU. Sli is not like Crossfire where you can mix 2 different GPUs.

You can only Sli a GTX 560 Ti with another GTX 560 Ti or a GTX 550 Ti with another GTX 550 Ti.

You can mix graphics card brands. So an EVGA GTX 680 will Sli with an Asus GTX 680 ect.

akamrcrack

Honorable
Mar 5, 2012

Wait, save your money, don't go out and eat every night of the week and you'll have enough to get the 2nd 560 >_<

D

Deleted member 217926

Wait.....I think everyone in this thread is telling you that you can run a GTX 560 Ti and a GTX 550 Ti in Sli together......This is WRONG. To run cards in Sli they must have the same GPU. Sli is not like Crossfire where you can mix 2 different GPUs.

You can only Sli a GTX 560 Ti with another GTX 560 Ti or a GTX 550 Ti with another GTX 550 Ti.

You can mix graphics card brands. So an EVGA GTX 680 will Sli with an Asus GTX 680 ect.

Solution

fantastik250

Distinguished
Not wrong

From Nvidia SLI FAQ page
Can I mix and match graphics cards that have different GPUs?

No. For example, an XXXGT cannot be paired with a XXXGTX in an SLI configuration.

Can I mix and match graphics cards from different manufacturers?

Using 180 or later graphics drivers, NVIDIA graphics cards from different manufacturers can be used together in an SLI configuration. For example, a GeForce XXXGT from manufacturer ABC can be matched with a GeForce XXXGT from manufacturer XYZ.

Can I mix and match graphics cards if one of them is overclocked by the manufacturer?

Yes. A GeForce XXXX GTX that is overclocked can be mixed with a standard clocked GeForce XXXX GTX.

Can I mix and match graphics cards with different sizes of memory?

When purchasing a second graphics card, you should try to match the memory size so that you are ensured full value and performance from your purchase. However, while it is not recommended, NVIDIA does offer the flexibility to run graphics cards with different sized memory by using CoolBits. Using CoolBits (value set to 18), you can force both of the cards to use the lower of the two memory sizes and operate them together in SLI mode. When dissimilar memory sizes are enabled to work together using CoolBits, the effective memory size for each card becomes the smaller of the memory sizes.
Source: http://www.geforce.com/hardware/technology/sli/faq

D

Deleted member 217926

Ummm read that again......it makes my point.

]Can I mix and match graphics cards that have different GPUs?

No. For example, an XXXGT cannot be paired with a XXXGTX in an SLI configuration

A GTX 560 Ti and a GTX 550 Ti are not the same GPU.

Different memory sizes means a GTX 560 Ti 2GB and a regular GTX 560 Ti 1GB.

akamrcrack

Honorable
Mar 5, 2012

^
Only crossfire can allow the combination of mixed gpus like a 6850 with a 6870 or a 6950 with a 6970