Next upgrade option

computerwonder

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2012
Well the time is coming when im thinking to upgrade not out of need but....out of the geek inside me. Im wondering what would be the best path to go.

Currently im running a i5 2500k on a asus p8z68 lx-v board. Im looking at the ivy bridge processors (i5 3570k) and get a asrock z77 extreme4. However because its not realy important about how fast I update my CPU im leaning more towards haswell also even more due to the overheating on the ivy problems. Another reason im upgrading is im looking at a second MSI 660ti OC to put with the one ive got now

Any help and ideas guys

much appreciated

Thanks

phil_livesey

Honorable
Nov 3, 2012
Ok. i have the i5 3570k, no overheating problems after 1 month, it's a great gaminc cpu, the best of the i5s. if you're in no rush, wait for haswell (supposidly a 10% performance increase on ivybridge)

I also have an evga 660 SC. the ti is a lot more expensive than an ordinary 660, or a FTW or a SC. i'd go with the cheaper 660, and get it from evga (they're the #1 nvidia partner) plus they have 1 fan, msi have 2 fans i think so it will be noisier.

Motherboard are really personal preference, but if you wanna wait for haswell (good idea seeing as your sandybridge cpu isn't that bad) i couldn't suggest what mobo you need as it doesn't exist yet!

computerwonder

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2012
Thanks for your reply, exactly im in no rush to upgrade what so ever. CPU ive got now is still one of the best however, when you get in your head you want something new and shiny :). I will proberbly wait for Haswell any idea on the price along with the new chipset mobo?