sickmindbro

Honorable
Sep 3, 2012
Hello, I am buying a new custom build gaming rig with HD7850 2G and AMD Phenom X4 965. The problem is im not sure about the power supply.. I know the HD7850 uses very low power and I am buying a case from Cooler Master which comes with a 600W Power supply. I asked the provider to tell me what is the exact power supply in the case and he sent me this picture..

5xlugo.jpg

I am on a budget and the provider's website doesn't have a big choice for me.. Can I be sure this power supply is good enough for the HD7850?

Nw333

Honorable
Jun 24, 2012
CMaster PSUs were never known to be quality products (except the silent pro series) so I suggest getting a different PSU. Something like the Seasonic S12II 520W should be more than enough.

Cooler Master power supplys are hit and miss.
The power supply you listed is a good model for your set-up.
It will provide enough power for your system if you do not try massive overclocking and run everything at stock speeds.
A little overclocking is possible ,but be modest in your attemps.

sickmindbro

Honorable
Sep 3, 2012
I will overclock the GPU when it becomes uncapable of playing games with higher than 30 fps because it's an overclock beast.. If I have to buy a better PSU I must go with an Athlon or a GTX560Ti .. If possible I want more opinions so I can be sure..

What other choices do you have?

The product number (RS-600-ACAB-M2) sort of matches up with the Thunder 600W, which is actually (RS-600-ACAB-D3). The load table matches up with the Thunder 500W, as does the 'M' in the product number.

The only two reviews mentioned on Realhardtechx, are from a site calle Playware.xe, which I can't access because the Google translation is messed up for me. And because my Anti-Virus program blocks the native site. So I don't know/can't find any way of knowing what its quality is like.

sickmindbro

Honorable
Sep 3, 2012
The other choices I have is to spend 50$ more to get a corsair 430W and an ugly looking case.. The website is the best one in my country but it doesn't provide a huge amount of choices..

spat55

Distinguished

A COOLMASTER CASE IS $38 and a decent PSU is $50. If you want it to fuk you're PC up then go ahead, just dont cry when you're $800 goes with it cause you cant spend $50 on a psu...

EDIT: Not being nasty but I am just saying how it is..