Is one GTX 670 enough to properly enjoy 2D Surround?

triplefam

Honorable
Apr 22, 2012
I'd be playing on three 25" monitors at 5760x1080.

Here's my concern:

My budget can only allow one card, no SLI. Thus, I'm torn between the EVGA 670 SC 4GB and the Asus DC2T 2GB (EVGA gives me the extra VRAM needed for Surround, Asus gives me guaranteed out of the box better clocks (1137B on Asus vs 1046B on EVGA))

Regardless of which card I choose, how well will a single 670 hold up in Surround? Enough to be enjoyable? I'd desire 50 minimum FPS on Skyrim and Battlefield 3. I know I wouldn't be able to run silky smooth on highest settings, but would it be silky enough without looking TOTALLY crappy?

If a single 670 isn't enough to run Surround at an enjoyable framerate, I'd instead forget the idea of surround, and thus, get the Asus DC2T for higher speeds (as I wouldn't need the extra VRAM anymore.) and simply play one monitor at 1080p.

Please help!

EDIT: I'm aware that there are benchmarks to answer these questions... but I'd feel much more comfortable hearing people give their own personal review of Surround on a single GTX 670, rather than look at JUST the raw numbers. Do you ENJOY your Surround experience?