Can I use my 6950 as a Physx card?

Solution
Perhaps it detected the AMD card in the nvidia control panel.

But as of yet, there is no decent hack or mod that allows PhysX to work on AMD graphics chips. Or Intel for that matter. (I would LOVE to use my HD4000 for PhysX)

Trust me, I've looked. There just really isn't a driver-hacking community like there used to be back in the Geforce FX days.

JKatwyopc

Distinguished
You can install your 6950 in the same system with your dual 670 an still use PhysX. That's because the 670's support PhysX. As renz496 said, PhysX is an Nvidia technology, period! Nvidia thought it up and they implemented it on their GPU's. AMD has there own technologies and since AMD graphics cards compete directly with Nvidia graphics cards, they DON'T share!

Jonathanese

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2010
Perhaps it detected the AMD card in the nvidia control panel.

But as of yet, there is no decent hack or mod that allows PhysX to work on AMD graphics chips. Or Intel for that matter. (I would LOVE to use my HD4000 for PhysX)

Trust me, I've looked. There just really isn't a driver-hacking community like there used to be back in the Geforce FX days.

Solution

akamrcrack

Honorable
Mar 5, 2012

I am trolling ofc, thanks for paragraph detailing what the guy already said lol.

Was bored made post

Gone are the days of daisy chaining voodoo cards for miles ;3

since you already have all the hardware needed you can try it for yourself. a single 670 will let you use advance physx even there is no dedicated physx card available on the system. will a single 6950 let you do the same?

and to be clear you must remember not all physx effect run by the gpu. some other game might use PhysX as their physic engine but still the calculation still done by the cpu. that's why some games require you to install physx software even if you were running on AMD gpu.