Sign in with
Your question

Laptop not powering on

Last response: in Components
January 25, 2013 7:10:32 PM

Hello,
i have a samsung np-r540 yesterday i turned it on and it stuck on the windows logo then i forced it to shut down by holding the power button after that i tried re powering it, the power button lighted up blue (showing that its on) but nothing else happened except the spinning radiator. i have tried resetting ram, removing all charge but nothing is working what can i do?

More about : laptop powering

a c 249 D Laptop
January 25, 2013 7:16:28 PM

Hi :) 

Remove battery...remove charger ,wait 2 minutes THEN PRESS POWER DOWN FOR 2 MINUTES, plug in charger (do not put battery back in , then try again...

All the best Brett :) 
m
l
January 25, 2013 7:19:33 PM

Brett928S2 said:

Remove battery...remove charger ,wait 2 minutes THEN PRESS POWER DOWN FOR 2 MINUTES, plug in charger (do not put battery back in , then try again...

I agree with all except draining the flea by holding power down, doesn't require 2 whole minutes although doesn't hurt. I would say 30seconds should be fine.
m
l
Related resources
January 25, 2013 7:24:21 PM

i did what i was told to do but nothing has happened
m
l
January 25, 2013 7:32:07 PM

Brett928S2 said:

i just did that for the third time and nothing has happened, i tried connecting a phone via usb and as soon as i pressed the powered button it sensed and triggered to connect as usb stick
m
l
a c 249 D Laptop
January 25, 2013 7:33:37 PM

Aubry said:
i just did that for the third time and nothing has happened, i tried connecting a phone via usb and as soon as i pressed the powered button it sensed and triggered to connect as usb stick

You need to explain that better..... how could a usb connect if its not even powered ?

m
l
January 25, 2013 7:39:55 PM

Brett928S2 said:

You need to explain that better..... how could a usb connect if its not even powered ?

as soon as i press the power button my phones detects that its connected to a computer and triggers a massage to say
connect as: mass storage, webcam, com port
but the laptop still remains blank with nothing else working except a blue light on the power button and a charging led indicator
m
l
a c 249 D Laptop
January 25, 2013 7:49:23 PM

Aubry said:
as soon as i press the power button my phones detects that its connected to a computer and triggers a massage to say
connect as: mass storage, webcam, com port
but the laptop still remains blank with nothing else working except a blue light on the power button and a charging led indicator

Laptop repair shop, like the ones I own in the UK, for diagnosis...

m
l
January 26, 2013 4:17:52 AM

Brett928S2 said:

Laptop repair shop, like the ones I own in the UK, for diagnosis...

you mean i should take it to a laptop repair shop?if yes how much is it likely to cost?
m
l
a c 249 D Laptop
January 26, 2013 8:29:54 AM

Aubry said:
you mean i should take it to a laptop repair shop?if yes how much is it likely to cost?

As an example my shops charge 1/2 hours labour for diagnosis (£27.50)

m
l
January 26, 2013 5:15:34 PM

Brett928S2 said:

As an example my shops charge 1/2 hours labour for diagnosis (£27.50)

i just managed to repair it, the laptop needed a ram resetting but not just any ram resetting.the laptop had one ram so i had to find another ram and reseated both ram in the modules after that i powered it and made a bios reset as well then i shut it down removed the other ram and powered it again...and it worked.
thanks for all the help.
m
l
!