Laptop not powering on

Hello,
i have a samsung np-r540 yesterday i turned it on and it stuck on the windows logo then i forced it to shut down by holding the power button after that i tried re powering it, the power button lighted up blue (showing that its on) but nothing else happened except the spinning radiator. i have tried resetting ram, removing all charge but nothing is working what can i do?
11 answers Last reply
More about laptop powering
  1. Hi :)

    Remove battery...remove charger ,wait 2 minutes THEN PRESS POWER DOWN FOR 2 MINUTES, plug in charger (do not put battery back in , then try again...

    All the best Brett :)
  2. Brett928S2 said:
    Hi :)

    Remove battery...remove charger ,wait 2 minutes THEN PRESS POWER DOWN FOR 2 MINUTES, plug in charger (do not put battery back in , then try again...

    All the best Brett :)
    I agree with all except draining the flea by holding power down, doesn't require 2 whole minutes although doesn't hurt. I would say 30seconds should be fine.
  3. i did what i was told to do but nothing has happened
  4. Brett928S2 said:
    Hi :)

    Remove battery...remove charger ,wait 2 minutes THEN PRESS POWER DOWN FOR 2 MINUTES, plug in charger (do not put battery back in , then try again...

    All the best Brett :)



    i just did that for the third time and nothing has happened, i tried connecting a phone via usb and as soon as i pressed the powered button it sensed and triggered to connect as usb stick
  5. Aubry said:
    i just did that for the third time and nothing has happened, i tried connecting a phone via usb and as soon as i pressed the powered button it sensed and triggered to connect as usb stick



    Hi :)

    You need to explain that better..... how could a usb connect if its not even powered ?

    All the best Brett :)
  6. Brett928S2 said:
    Hi :)

    You need to explain that better..... how could a usb connect if its not even powered ?

    All the best Brett :)

    as soon as i press the power button my phones detects that its connected to a computer and triggers a massage to say
    connect as: mass storage, webcam, com port
    but the laptop still remains blank with nothing else working except a blue light on the power button and a charging led indicator
  7. Aubry said:
    as soon as i press the power button my phones detects that its connected to a computer and triggers a massage to say
    connect as: mass storage, webcam, com port
    but the laptop still remains blank with nothing else working except a blue light on the power button and a charging led indicator



    Hi :)

    Laptop repair shop, like the ones I own in the UK, for diagnosis...

    All the best Brett :)
  8. Brett928S2 said:
    Hi :)

    Laptop repair shop, like the ones I own in the UK, for diagnosis...

    All the best Brett :)

    you mean i should take it to a laptop repair shop?if yes how much is it likely to cost?
  9. Aubry said:
    you mean i should take it to a laptop repair shop?if yes how much is it likely to cost?



    Hi :)

    As an example my shops charge 1/2 hours labour for diagnosis (£27.50)

    All the best Brett :)
  10. Brett928S2 said:
    Hi :)

    As an example my shops charge 1/2 hours labour for diagnosis (£27.50)

    All the best Brett :)

    i just managed to repair it, the laptop needed a ram resetting but not just any ram resetting.the laptop had one ram so i had to find another ram and reseated both ram in the modules after that i powered it and made a bios reset as well then i shut it down removed the other ram and powered it again...and it worked.
    thanks for all the help.
  11. I had same problem and had to replace ram's and then got laptop working again. Tried again with old rams and same problem came back. Thanks for this tip!
Ask a new question

Read More

Laptops Power Components