Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Odd monitor issue.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
July 24, 2012 5:34:02 AM

It's nothing serious, but I have this small tv with a pc port connected to it, but it doesn't show anything on windows. Like its connected, and it shows the windows is starting up screen, but after that, it goes black. The mouse flickers for half a second and then total darkness. I also tested it, but when i connected my old dell monitor, it shows the desktop fully loaded. Is there some thing im missing? My gpu is a Nvdeia GeForce 210. And it's in working order.

More about : odd monitor issue

a b Î Nvidia
a b C Monitor
July 24, 2012 7:14:50 AM

akumati said:
It's nothing serious, but I have this small tv with a pc port connected to it, but it doesn't show anything on windows. Like its connected, and it shows the windows is starting up screen, but after that, it goes black. The mouse flickers for half a second and then total darkness. I also tested it, but when i connected my old dell monitor, it shows the desktop fully loaded. Is there some thing im missing? My gpu is a Nvdeia GeForce 210. And it's in working order.

most tv have an analog and digital settings in the menu. why the dell works is that it can handle the output from the video card..600 by 80 or higher video res. most old tv have a low limit of 640 by 480. check the spec of the tv and look at what the dell usings. the dell may be higher then the tv.
July 24, 2012 7:43:50 AM

You need to tell windows that your TV is your main Monitor.
Leave the old dell monitor connected and the TV connected at the same time(if possible). Then, using the dell monitor, right click any open area on your desktop and select screen resolution. Then select your tv as the main monitor(number 1). Once you got your TV selected, adjust the settings for the TV until they are right(by looking at what you can see on the dell monitor). Once everything is right, disconnect the dell monitor and hopefully that helps.
Related resources
July 24, 2012 7:45:02 AM

smorizio said:
most tv have an analog and digital settings in the menu. why the dell works is that it can handle the output from the video card..600 by 80 or higher video res. most old tv have a low limit of 640 by 480. check the spec of the tv and look at what the dell usings. the dell may be higher then the tv.

Well i dot know how to check the resolution, i mean this tv is a flatscreen, about the same size as the dell, thats all i know..
July 24, 2012 7:46:59 AM

memadmax said:
You need to tell windows that your TV is your main Monitor.
Leave the old dell monitor connected and the TV connected at the same time(if possible). Then, using the dell monitor, right click any open area on your desktop and select screen resolution. Then select your tv as the main monitor(number 1). Once you got your TV selected, adjust the settings for the TV until they are right(by looking at what you can see on the dell monitor). Once everything is right, disconnect the dell monitor and hopefully that helps.

It isn't possible, the cord is a 1 way. One end to the tower, the other to the monitor. Nothing else ._.
July 24, 2012 7:49:40 AM

I also must add that the tv works in safe mode as well, if that helps.

Best solution

July 24, 2012 9:19:21 AM
Share

No problem on the cord.
Start your computer up normally with the dell monitor.
Right click on desktop, click on screen resolution.
Set resolution to the lowest setting possible.
Restart your computer with the TV.
It should work.
Then start upping the resolution until you find the highest resolution that your TV will accept.
July 24, 2012 5:04:27 PM

Best answer selected by akumati.
July 24, 2012 5:05:44 PM

It worked, but everything was jumbled together at 1st XD
Thanks~
!