Odd monitor issue.

akumati

Honorable
Jul 21, 2012
It's nothing serious, but I have this small tv with a pc port connected to it, but it doesn't show anything on windows. Like its connected, and it shows the windows is starting up screen, but after that, it goes black. The mouse flickers for half a second and then total darkness. I also tested it, but when i connected my old dell monitor, it shows the desktop fully loaded. Is there some thing im missing? My gpu is a Nvdeia GeForce 210. And it's in working order.

Solution
No problem on the cord.
Start your computer up normally with the dell monitor.
Right click on desktop, click on screen resolution.
Set resolution to the lowest setting possible.
Restart your computer with the TV.
It should work.
Then start upping the resolution until you find the highest resolution that your TV will accept.

most tv have an analog and digital settings in the menu. why the dell works is that it can handle the output from the video card..600 by 80 or higher video res. most old tv have a low limit of 640 by 480. check the spec of the tv and look at what the dell usings. the dell may be higher then the tv.

memadmax

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
You need to tell windows that your TV is your main Monitor.
Leave the old dell monitor connected and the TV connected at the same time(if possible). Then, using the dell monitor, right click any open area on your desktop and select screen resolution. Then select your tv as the main monitor(number 1). Once you got your TV selected, adjust the settings for the TV until they are right(by looking at what you can see on the dell monitor). Once everything is right, disconnect the dell monitor and hopefully that helps.

akumati

Honorable
Jul 21, 2012

Well i dot know how to check the resolution, i mean this tv is a flatscreen, about the same size as the dell, thats all i know..

akumati

Honorable
Jul 21, 2012

It isn't possible, the cord is a 1 way. One end to the tower, the other to the monitor. Nothing else ._.

memadmax

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
No problem on the cord.
Start your computer up normally with the dell monitor.
Right click on desktop, click on screen resolution.
Set resolution to the lowest setting possible.
Restart your computer with the TV.
It should work.
Then start upping the resolution until you find the highest resolution that your TV will accept.

Solution