Amd a10-4600m wont speed up

portedbikes

Honorable
Jun 3, 2012
Hello,
Just got this Samsung Series 3 with dual video cards, processor is A10-4600M but the WEI of the CPU is 3.5... I found out the CPU is stuck on 908Mhz core speeds, I have set up the laptop to High Performance settings and run the tests again and still 3.5 WEI Score and cpu will not pass the 908 Mhz core speed.
Any idea what could be the problem?
I also have another with the same CPU but no dual cards and the WEI is 6.9 and the CPU actually rises to 2.300 Mhz.

Kansas

Honorable
Jan 26, 2013

Hi there...I have the same problem with the exact same laptop you have...I talked to Samsung and the fix is really simple....Press the blue Fn key...then press the Function key that has the Fan symbol on it...on mine it is F11...It will instantly turn your CPU on to full speed...Mine now shows 2700Mhz in CPU-Z...

portedbikes

Honorable
Jun 3, 2012
Thank you for your answer, I figured out that had something to do with the software that Samsung added to the computer after I reseted the computer to factory settings to ship it back for a replacement and decided to check the speeds prior to install anything of the required software from Samsung.

I also spoke to Samsung and they wanted me to ship it for repairs, I just told them no way it was 1 day old and I will no ship it back to be repaired, I will just get a replacement.

Even do I figured out an easier way to fix the problem since even after you use the FN + F11 the CPU gets stuck in 2700 Mhz and it will not let the Turbo Core to kick in to boost to 3200Mhz.

I just uninstalled the Samsung settings and now the computer gets 3200Mhz in all 4 cores when it is needed.

Why they will install a CPU speed manager when it is not needed I do not know, windows can manage the CPU speeds by itself depending on the Power Option Given.

This computer is extremely powerful and cold as ice, I was able to run COD4 at full settings in Multiplayer (online) Mode without even a single hiccup and the computer wasn't even braking a sweet, the fan was barely running and the heat was barely noticeable when placing the hand at the fan exhaust.